Windows 10: changing what a function key does on windows 10

Discus and support changing what a function key does on windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new gaming keyboard. the F1 key has a function to open music, so it opens windows media player. The keyboard doesn't has a software. is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FixxeS, Feb 23, 2021.

1. /u/FixxeS Win User

changing what a function key does on windows 10

I got a new gaming keyboard. the F1 key has a function to open music, so it opens windows media player.

The keyboard doesn't has a software.

is there any way that I can do it? what I want is to change the behaviour, meaning, clicking Fn + F1 opens Windows media player, I want it to open another program. anyone knows of any software that does this?

submitted by /u/FixxeS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FixxeS, Feb 23, 2021

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Feb 23, 2021
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 23, 2021
  4. changing what a function key does on windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

changing what a function key does on windows 10

1. changing what a function key does on windows 10 - Similar Threads - changing function key

2. What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10: I have three commands on my laptop viz Restart, Shutdown and Sleep. After logging on each morning usually around 6am I leave my laptop on until 11pm usually. What does the Sleep command do and what would be the benefits if I used the Sleep command?...
  3. What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10: I have three commands on my laptop viz Restart, Shutdown and Sleep. After logging on each morning usually around 6am I leave my laptop on until 11pm usually. What does the Sleep command do and what would be the benefits if I used the Sleep command?...
  4. What does the Sleep function do? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change what the Function key does

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change what the Function key does: How do we change the function the 'fn key' is doing? I wanna add a function on a key to change to the next song on Groove. There was a key for that in the older versions of Dell Laptops, but now there is no key for it....
  6. Keys randomly change functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys randomly change functions: The keys on my laptop randomly start doing different things. It's kind of like a shortcut I guess? I tried to press 'T' to talk in a game, but it just put the game in windowed mode and brought up the taskbar. I restarted my laptop and it's working again, but it will most...
  7. Change what each key does?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change what each key does?: I have an HP Envy with Windows 10. I am used to Dell laptops where the brightness and volume buttons are switched (F2 —> F7, F3 —> F8). Is there any way to switch it, so that when I press F8, it increases the brightness, and when I press F3, it increases the volume?...
  8. Change function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change function keys?: What would be the best way about doing this? I want to change my function keys so when I press F1 it would register as windows+G to open game bar or F2 for game bar to take a screen shot or F3 to record video. I do use some function keys but other then F11 I never use these...
  9. how to change function keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change function keys?: I just bought a new asus laptop and would like to change how the function keys work. I don't wanna have to press Fn+ f11 to increase the sound. I want to just press f11. How do I go about this?...
  10. Changing functions on keys on mouses

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing functions on keys on mouses: I have recently bought a Logitech pro mouse with 3 buttons in the thumb area. I am trying to use these to improve my gaming skills in different games. But one of the button are preset to open a recent window that has been opened.(EX: I'm on Fortnite I click this button and it...