Windows 10: changing what drive the desktop is stored in desktop

Discus and support changing what drive the desktop is stored in desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I built my own computer and instaled an SSD and an HDD I put the system on the SSD so the system would run fast but it is only 250 GB SSD and the HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by turtleblue1, May 31, 2019.

1. changing what drive the desktop is stored in desktop

I built my own computer and instaled an SSD and an HDD I put the system on the SSD so the system would run fast but it is only 250 GB SSD and the HDD is 4 TB I was wondering if I could change wich drive desktop is on and if i can make everything install on the HDD instead of the SSD so it does not get full and wanted to know if it would mess anything up like shortcuts and other stuff not working if I did if I could be told if it is possible or safe to do then how to do it the help would be much appreciated

:)

turtleblue1, May 31, 2019

2. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 31, 2019
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

4. suraswami Win User

changing what drive the desktop is stored in desktop

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

So what I suggested is better then - Desktop.

Now for the drives, gaming or any fast drive access machine I generally put in a fast 160 or 320 GB drive for OS and add couple of 500 GB drives in Raid 0 for speed. With the cheap drive prices I will suggest that route. Also will suggest him a SSD.

Sound card - suggest me a good one.

suraswami, May 31, 2019
Thema:

changing what drive the desktop is stored in desktop

1. changing what drive the desktop is stored in desktop - Similar Threads - changing drive desktop

2. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop: 1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my Local disk C: folder instead of D: , like I was using a different desktop wwhere all my apps were On disk D: and now I am...
  3. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop: 1 Hour ago i had a Blue Screen Of Death win32kbase.sys failed and said it was corrupted , after automatic repair was done , all my pc was changed to my Local disk C: folder instead of D: , like I was using a different desktop wwhere all my apps were On disk D: and now I am...
  4. Pc changed from D: drive desktop to C: drive desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Changed: Last night I closed my Edge and Desktop had changed to showing tiles instead of my usual Desktop. How do I go back to my usual Desktop with a working Start button to open the tiles?...
  6. Change of desktop

Change of desktop: I had downloaded different software and games. All of their shortcuts were present on the desktop and the wallpaper was custom selected by me. But today I didn't see any of that. Most of the shortcuts and Windows store was gone. There is no News or games tiles on the home...
  7. Changing "“ to "Desktop"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing "“ to "Desktop": Hi, I'm not sure why my dekstop name in onedrive is in Mandarin, which is "“. I changed the name to "Dekstop" but in the file path, it is still in Mandarin like this "C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\". This caused me a problem when I was doing excel VBA and the VBA cannot process the...
  8. desktop changed

desktop changed: I just did a windows 10 update today. Now most all of my icons are gone....almost like a factory reset. I am not in tablet mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-changed/8d2642ea-ea6e-4c8b-8eba-67769d20b96b
  9. The desktop screen on laptop changes the desktop for...desktop.

The desktop screen on laptop changes the desktop for...desktop.: I'm not sure if this should go under the topic of General Help or Customization. Since it is about personalizing I opted to post it here. I've got a Lenovo Desktop that was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 just after the release. I have a Toshiba Laptop which I upgraded from 7 to...
  10. Desktop changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop changed: Hello, I hope what I am describing makes sense because I don't know how else to say it. On my desktop, I have several icons for what I use the most and also at the bottom task bar there are my programs I use daily. Now they are no longer there. I have to use the start button...