Windows 10: Changing where Game DVR Captures save to

Discus and support Changing where Game DVR Captures save to in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using the game dvr a lot since I got my new PC, but just recently got an external hard drive and tried to move the Captures folder to it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jolynes, Oct 9, 2020.

1. jolynes Win User

Changing where Game DVR Captures save to

I have been using the game dvr a lot since I got my new PC, but just recently got an external hard drive and tried to move the Captures folder to it, but ever since it just saves the loose files to the drive itself, not in any folders. In capture settings it just says "Save screenshots and game clips in: D:\" and there's no way to change it. When I open up the game bar the gallery shows a bunch of file icons from games I have saved on the HDD as well so it's very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

:)

jolynes, Oct 9, 2020
  2. Petr VOLF Win User

Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

how about this?

Change where your Game DVR captures are saved on your PC

Your game clips and screenshots will always be saved in the Captures folder. But you can move that folder anywhere you want on your PC.
    • Go to File Explorer > Videos.
    • Drag the Captures folder where you want it.

Petr VOLF, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

Strange methode but it works Changing where Game DVR Captures save to :)

thanks a lot

José Mickael FERNANDES LEMOS, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Changing where Game DVR Captures save to

Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

does that work on external hard disks too?

Cause right now its on my low storage SSD. Can I move it to my 1TB hard disk?

MTMasterGaming, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Changing where Game DVR Captures save to

1. Changing where Game DVR Captures save to - Similar Threads - Changing where Game

2. Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game capture (DVR) clips are pitch black: When I use the shortcut to record the last 30 secs, more often than not, the recording is pitch black with sound. It is not an issue with the app I'm using to playback my recording because the file itself also looks completely black, and the file size is incredibly low (2 MB)...
  3. Audio in Game DVR Captures

Audio in Game DVR Captures: When I use the "Capture last 30 seconds" button in the game DVR. It doesn't capture my voice but it captures my friend's. Is there a way to capture with my voice and my friend's. If so, please reply. Thanks. submitted by /u/NebrasOnReddit [link] [comments]...
  4. Save Game DVR recording?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save Game DVR recording?: Hello dear community! Windows 10 has a Game dvr function (Windows key + g). I have recorded something and want to save it on my Samsung phone. I tried to send it to a group using whatsapp and then open whatsapp on my phone and save the video. Unfortunately the file is mega...
  5. Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder

Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder: [ATTACH] My xbox game capture is in my temp folder and I want to move it, but cannot. Can anyone help me with this issue. https://preview.redd.it/lfhtowhptcn41.png?width=473&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb2269d1abc92733b73af6bde5e3f6a5ee319a1c submitted by /u/realjrjelly...
  6. Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata: Hello i am having a very annoying issue where for some odd reason windows decided to end its relationship with the game dvr capture folder and is saving to this path "C:\Users\monst\AppData\Local\Temp" which renders the normal method of changing the folder unavailable. is...
  7. Xbox One Game DVR doubles storage space for Captures

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Game DVR doubles storage space for Captures: New changes to Captures (GameDVR) means x2 storage space for all! Existing clips older than 90 days w/o views will be deleted, as will new clips unviewed after 30 days. Learn how to backup your favorite Captures here. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 120688
  8. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  9. Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures: My GameDVR is saving new clips and screenshots to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp, making it so i cant change location due to the absence of the Captures folder, is there a way to correct this like some value buried in RegEdit or something 111400
  10. Windows Game DVR Location Change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game DVR Location Change?: Hello, I am currently using the built in Windows Game DVR, and I want to change the default save location. I have read other threads, but they don't help me at all. I do not have an account with Xbox and I don't plan on getting one. Is there anyway I can do this? I would...