Windows 10: Changing Which Display Notifications Appear

Discus and support Changing Which Display Notifications Appear in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm aware this is impossible already through normal windows but does anyone know any "hacks" or third party software that can make this possible? I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VerK0, Mar 7, 2020.

1. /u/VerK0 Win User

Changing Which Display Notifications Appear

I'm aware this is impossible already through normal windows but does anyone know any "hacks" or third party software that can make this possible?

I've got a multi monitor setup of which I use doing productivity things which means I have all to click all around the screen a lot. Having a notification appear on the primary monitor where i'm trying to use photoshop for instance will block my ability to see the layers or click on them.

I'd love to have notifications (on my right monitor) because it means I don't have to load up youtube, twitter, etc to check them periodically to see what's happening which takes a lot more time than just reading the notification when it appears on your screen.

I'm considering downgrading to Windows 8 so I can use the hack their for changing where the notifications appear.

I know a lot of people want to do this as well:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...y_to_move_notifications_to_secondary_monitor/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/bo8ejy/dual_monitor_notification_setup_on_windows_10/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3mgj1t/question_moving_notifications_to_a_different/

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/97852-how-do-i-change-monitor-my-notifications-pop-up.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsuppor...there_a_way_to_move_windows_10_notifications/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/...onitor_setup_how_to_move_where_notifications/

Now you might say, just go request it on the feedback hub but it does not work for me (probably because i'm on Enterprise).

Would be helpful if you could post it if you want this change too!

Thanks

submitted by /u/VerK0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VerK0, Mar 7, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 7, 2020
  3. notification area on all display

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding notification area, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right click Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • Untick Show taskbar on all displays; then, Apply.
    • Drag the remaining primary monitor taskbar to the screen you want.
    • Tick Show taskbar on all displays.

We appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Changing Which Display Notifications Appear

Taskbar number display of new notifications

Hi Martin,

To isolate your concern, kindly answer these questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • What application did you download for the display number?
    Meanwhile, follow these troubleshooting steps to turn on the setting of
    Notifications & actions:

• Click the Start Menu, and then click Settings.
    • Under Settings, click System and then hit
      Notifications & actions.
    • You can now turn on the items under Notifications.
    We also suggest you to perform a clean boot.
    A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Changing Which Display Notifications Appear

1. Changing Which Display Notifications Appear - Similar Threads - Changing Display Notifications

2. Is it possible to change which display is which?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change which display is which?: Basically, I have a laptop and a monitor that I use. The laptop is coming up as screen one and the monitor screen two. Is there any way I can change it so the monitor is screen one and the laptop is screen two? My monitor is the screen I use the most so would make my life...
  3. Is it possible to change which display is which?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change which display is which?: Basically, I have a laptop and a monitor that I use. The laptop is coming up as screen one and the monitor screen two. Is there any way I can change it so the monitor is screen one and the laptop is screen two? My monitor is the screen I use the most so would make my life...
  4. Is it possible to change which display is which?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to change notification settings display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change notification settings display?: How to change notification settings display, so when I get some notification from app, it will pop up on the position where I want. I prefer to be on the top left corner of my screen. For your information, the windows version installed on my computer is windows 11. Thank you!...
  6. How to change notification settings display?

How to change notification settings display?: How to change notification settings display, so when I get some notification from app, it will pop up on the position where I want. I prefer to be on the top left corner of my screen. For your information, the windows version installed on my computer is windows 11. Thank you!...
  7. Notifications are not appearing on the correct display in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications are not appearing on the correct display in windows 11: Hello!I have an issue with the notifications banners on windows 11, specifically where they are displayed. I have noticed that recently, my notifications appear on the display where a given app is opened eg. I have slack open on a secondary monitor, and all of its...
  8. Notifications are not appearing on the correct display in windows 11

Notifications are not appearing on the correct display in windows 11: Hello!I have an issue with the notifications banners on windows 11, specifically where they are displayed. I have noticed that recently, my notifications appear on the display where a given app is opened eg. I have slack open on a secondary monitor, and all of its...
  9. Notification area "Select which icons appear on taskbar" not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area "Select which icons appear on taskbar" not saving: Hi. Does anyone else have this problem? I turn off the "always show all icons" and customize what I want to be shown. I don't like clutter, so I like hiding a lot of the systray crap. Almost every time I reboot though, the "always show all icons" has automagically became...
  10. Selecting which notification icons are displayed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting which notification icons are displayed.: In Windows 7 we had the option of selecting which icons were permanently or only displayed when they had a notification in the taskbar. I haven't been able to find where the option is to change the settings in Windows 10, is there one? 14637