Windows 10: Changing wifi from wep to wpa2

Discus and support Changing wifi from wep to wpa2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, i am tryting to change my wifi to wpa2. i have windows 10 and a chromebook. i was using a guide, but it was from the xp days and i can't find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hazel0017, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Hazel0017 Win User

Changing wifi from wep to wpa2

hi, i am tryting to change my wifi to wpa2. i have windows 10 and a chromebook. i was using a guide, but it was from the xp days and i can't find the settings i am looking for. i keep running in circles on the desktop! i appreciate the help!

:)

Hazel0017, Feb 9, 2017
  2. SumanPZS Win User

WiFi Password Problem

Just an update on this.

This solution also did not work out. Next day morning it again stopped working.

This time I changed the security mode of wifi from WPA2 Personal to WEP.

And it successfully connected this time.

SumanPZS, Feb 9, 2017
  3. Can you change the wifi security for WIN10 wifi hotspot?

hello mate,

check it out
    here

There is a screenshot on the bottom that shows where you can change WIFI Network name and password, etc. You can also change the "Authentication Method" there. Check if you can go from WPA2 to your choice.

Mr.Lacroix, Feb 9, 2017
  4. wyldman68 Win User

That would be controlled by your Wifi Router. You will need to login to the router to make that change.

wyldman68, Feb 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Changing wifi from wep to wpa2 - Similar Threads - Changing wifi wep

2. unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network: Hi All I have a AMD Ryzen Laptop with an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter. It appears that I am unable to connect to WiFi networks secured with "WPA2-PSK AES" authentication. I am 99% certain the issue is not an adapter hardware fault, since:WPA3-PSK networks work fineOpen Wifi no...
  3. unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unbale to connect to a WPA2-PSK secured WiFi network: Hi All I have a AMD Ryzen Laptop with an Intel AX210 Wifi adapter. It appears that I am unable to connect to WiFi networks secured with "WPA2-PSK AES" authentication. I am 99% certain the issue is not an adapter hardware fault, since:WPA3-PSK networks work fineOpen Wifi no...
  4. Wifi Security Type WPA2 issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Security Type WPA2 issue: Hi Team Recently my laptop updated windows 10 to 11 after seems i am unable to change Wi-Fi Security type WPA2.Could you pls advise solution.I done all BIOS , Firemware, Network driver installed also windows up to date...
  5. Wifi Security Type WPA2 issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Security Type WPA2 issue: Hi Team Recently my laptop updated windows 10 to 11 after seems i am unable to change Wi-Fi Security type WPA2.Could you pls advise solution.I done all BIOS , Firemware, Network driver installed also windows up to date...
  6. WiFi Sharing changing security, WEP/open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Sharing changing security, WEP/open: How can I change the WiFi hotspot sharing on my laptop from WPA2 to WEP or and open connection, I have a qualcomm atheros qca9377 WiFi card and a Lenovo laptop Thanks 174891
  7. Windows 10 (1809) WiFi WPA2 enterprise issue

Windows 10 (1809) WiFi WPA2 enterprise issue: Hi all, I am facing a strange issue with a specific brand of wireless hardware (Sophos) and Windows 10 build 1809. The WiFi connection is setup through WPA2 Enterprise and the Radius is handled by Windows server 2012 NPS. Are there any known issues in 1809 or does...
  8. Can't find wifi with wpa2 protocol

Can't find wifi with wpa2 protocol: I'm using Windows 10 home version 1803 on my laptop (Samsung 530E5M notebook) and everything is working great except I can't connect to my office WiFi network anymore. It's using WPA2 protocol I believe, it's not showing on the available list of WIFI's, I've reinstalled my...
  9. how to change wep key?

how to change wep key?: how do I change wep key, after a router reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-wep-key/c745de20-3de4-48bc-b6e8-9e820c3a73f8
  10. WIFI WPA2 password

WIFI WPA2 password: I am trying to remember my WPA2 password. Is there any way to recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-wpa2-password/119e4099-872e-4a56-8392-26eb7745159d