Windows 10: Changing WiFi settings from one location to another

Discus and support Changing WiFi settings from one location to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We are dealing with Windows 10 1909 here. My husband's Brother printer at work quit scanning. It did everything else (fax, print, copy), but would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nikilet, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Nikilet Win User

Changing WiFi settings from one location to another

We are dealing with Windows 10 1909 here.

My husband's Brother printer at work quit scanning. It did everything else (fax, print, copy), but would not scan.

I wrote to Brother for him and they answered with some very good instruction links. Since I am unable to go to his office at this time, he brought his laptop and his printer home. In order for me to try the fixes offered by Brother I had to "Reset" the WiFi, inserting our home SSID and pass key. I got the printer working, but now it will have to be changed back to his office SSID and pass key.

So here's my question: Can I manually enter his office information here at the house so that when he takes it back to the office all he has to do is plug it in and it will be ready to go?

I ask this because I have a few minor skills, but he has none when it comes to these things.

:)

Nikilet, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to turn on the Location from the Location Settings.

Hi Rafiul,

It is possible that the
    GPS chipset
    is not working properly causing your location settings to be
    disabled or cannot be turned on. Kindly run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on the
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

If the issue
    persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Ray_1946 Win User

I have not been able to set permission to copy files from one location to another location.

*Original Title: accessing sections of my computer, copy files from one direcrory to another

I have not been able to set permission to copy files from one location to another location? How do I set that

Ray_1946, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing WiFi settings from one location to another - Similar Threads - Changing WiFi settings

2. Wifi working on one network, but not another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi working on one network, but not another: Hi there,I have a really weird problem that i cant find the fix for anywhere.On my pc my main wifi network is really choppy, onse second it works great, the next it doesnt work at all, to the point where it takes 20 minutes to ipen youtube. This is only a problem on my pc,...
  3. Wifi working on one network, but not another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi working on one network, but not another: Hi there,I have a really weird problem that i cant find the fix for anywhere.On my pc my main wifi network is really choppy, onse second it works great, the next it doesnt work at all, to the point where it takes 20 minutes to ipen youtube. This is only a problem on my pc,...
  4. How can I change this setting to another one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change this setting to another one?: Before, I used NC Beauty App, and changed this setting, Nc Video Capture, so that the green screen always shows up when I use a PC camera. I cannot use Video of Teams and Zoom. Another PC can use the camera, but the other one cannot. Please help me how to solve this issue....
  5. How can I change this setting to another one?

How can I change this setting to another one?: Before, I used NC Beauty App, and changed this setting, Nc Video Capture, so that the green screen always shows up when I use a PC camera. I cannot use Video of Teams and Zoom. Another PC can use the camera, but the other one cannot. Please help me how to solve this issue....
  6. How to change data from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change data from one account to another: I had received a share of Microsoft 365, but the account in my windows is different from the one that has Microsoft 365 on it , i want to transfer all the data in my main account to the one with Microsoft 365, is there a way I can do this?i tried to make the account on my...
  7. How to change data from one account to another

How to change data from one account to another: I had received a share of Microsoft 365, but the account in my windows is different from the one that has Microsoft 365 on it , i want to transfer all the data in my main account to the one with Microsoft 365, is there a way I can do this?i tried to make the account on my...
  8. Changing wifi settings from public to private

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing wifi settings from public to private: I have seen the same question being asked with the same answer that apparently does not exist: I want to change my WiFi connection from public to private. The suggestion I keep seeing is: On the right side of the taskbar, select the Wi-Fi network icon. Under the name of...
  9. Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another: Greetings Helpful Board, Y'all are awesome. Helped me in so many turns and twists along my 2.3 year journey from Mac to PC. I'd be dead in the water without you. I just Googled the following question but got nowhere. My wife has two programs on a PC. A CAD program and Adobe...
  10. Setting Up a HomeGroup for use in another location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Up a HomeGroup for use in another location?: I've got a HomeGroup at home, and currently have two other PCs that do not normally live here. I want to set them up in their own HomeGroup for use in another location. Is this possible? Failing that, if they join the current HomeGroup, what will happen when they are away...