Windows 10: Changing Windows 10 Boot Drive

Discus and support Changing Windows 10 Boot Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed a new SSD in my laptop and I used Acronis True Image WD Edition to create a "clone" of my hard drive. However, the RecoveryImage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BraxtonHart1, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Changing Windows 10 Boot Drive

I recently installed a new SSD in my laptop and I used Acronis True Image WD Edition to create a "clone" of my hard drive. However, the RecoveryImage is now taking up half of the 1TB SSD. The RecoveryImage on the original installed SSD is 16GB. Is there a way to change the RecoveryImage partition size to be 16GB again? Or the easier option I'm thinking, how can I change my boot drive back to the original SSD so I can reformat the new SSD and start over?

:)

BraxtonHart1, Dec 31, 2020
  2. sttubs Win User

Windows 10 boot drive

Is Windows 10 also limited to a max of 3Tb for a boot drive?

sttubs, Dec 31, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Changing Windows 10 Boot Drive

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Changing Windows 10 Boot Drive

1. Changing Windows 10 Boot Drive - Similar Threads - Changing Boot Drive

2. Changing Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Boot Drive: Hello everyone.So, I'm trying to change my local drive to a portion of my other SSD that has more storage. Long story short, I got a prebuilt and changed all parts except for local drive with 100 gb in it, 1 gb left to spare because I don't know how to. I finally decided to...
  3. Changing Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Boot Drive: Hello everyone.So, I'm trying to change my local drive to a portion of my other SSD that has more storage. Long story short, I got a prebuilt and changed all parts except for local drive with 100 gb in it, 1 gb left to spare because I don't know how to. I finally decided to...
  4. Change Boot Drive - Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Boot Drive - Windows Boot Manager: I need to make my Boot drive larger - so I went out and got another NVME drive and PCI card to mount it to.I made a clone of the existing boot drive and the ancillary partitions. So I now have two drive that are identical clonesThe next step is supposed to be to tell the BIOS...
  5. Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot: Out of no where my windows 10 PC will not boot. After the windows logo it goes to a black screen with spinning dots. It will not boot in to safe mode. I booted to recovery tried startup repair (fails), tried reset this PC (fails). I opened a command prompt. Used diskpart and...
  6. Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot drive letter changed. Won't boot: Out of no where my windows 10 PC will not boot. After the windows logo it goes to a black screen with spinning dots. It will not boot in to safe mode. I booted to recovery tried startup repair (fails), tried reset this PC (fails). I opened a command prompt. Used diskpart and...
  7. Changing Boot Drives

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Boot Drives: I have an older PC that has worked exceptionally well. The HDD has a non-OEM I purchased it to upgrade the computer version WIN 10 64 bit with all of my applications and data. Naturally, everything is setup the way I want and I'd like to keep it that way! I purchased a new...
  8. Changing Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Boot Drive: Hey everyone. I'm looking to change my boot drive but haven't been able to get a clear idea on how it will work. Currently in my PC I have a SATA SSD, which is my boot drive, and a HDD which I just use for large games and work stuff. I am thinking of getting an M.2 drive to...
  9. Change Win 10 Boot Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Win 10 Boot Drive: I would like to change my primary boot drive from my current C to E, an ssd with only 128G of storage. My C drive is nearly full at ~850G, so I can't just migrate everything. I know how to change the primary boot drive in BIOS, but don't know what files need to move such that...
  10. change boot drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    change boot drive: How to transfer my boot drive to new SSD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-boot-drive/99098282-2bfa-4c7b-a5a5-804d4e547f62