Windows 10: Changing windows 10 cursor does not work - issue has been happening for more than 6 months

Discus and support Changing windows 10 cursor does not work - issue has been happening for more than 6 months in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello - Changing the Windows 10 cursor does not work I use Windows 10 at work and at home on my personal computer, and both don't have the ability to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben Pushka, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Changing windows 10 cursor does not work - issue has been happening for more than 6 months

Hello - Changing the Windows 10 cursor does not work

I use Windows 10 at work and at home on my personal computer, and both don't have the ability to add a custom cursor.

The option is there in settings, just like every other version of Windows, but when the computer is restarted - the cursor changes to the default white microsoft cursor...

(it's ok if Microsoft want to not allow their users to change the cursor in Windows 10, just don't give the option there - it's frustrating to have a feature just not work - like it was programmed by amatures...)

Change cursor screen:

Changing windows 10 cursor does not work - issue has been happening for more than 6 months 072614ca-587c-4bdb-910e-7a9781e0e6b1?upload=true.png

When resetting - the cursor goes white, and if I just open this mouse cursor screen , switch to the 2nd tab, and click ok (not changing or updating any settings, just going to this page and selecting ok) - then the cursor changes to what it's supposed to be / what it's saved as / what the profile is switched to...................

Version of Windows 10 - latest version - I checked for updates 5 seconds ago:

Changing windows 10 cursor does not work - issue has been happening for more than 6 months 55a0c439-e0e9-4641-bbd3-7c3f558dadf3?upload=true.png

:)

Ben Pushka, Nov 11, 2018

2. Issues with the cursor on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the cursor on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the cursor settings prior to this issue?

Follow these steps to make changes to the mouse pointer settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Devices and click on Mouse and Touchpad.

If need be then you may also click on additional mouse options to make necessary changes.

Once this is done close all windows and restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Cursor not working after installing Windows 10

Hi Linda,

Your concern needs further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. Please provide the following information:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Does the cursor disappears from a specific point when using your device, or it's completely not working?
    We also suggest that you perform a clean boot to disable non-Microsoft services and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click here.
    After troubleshooting, refer to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting found in the same article. We also suggest to start the PC in safe
    mode and update us if there will be any changes. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10, click here.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Changing windows 10 cursor does not work - issue has been happening for more than 6 months

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Changing windows 10 cursor does not work - issue has been happening for more than 6 months

1. Changing windows 10 cursor does not work - issue has been happening for more than 6 months - Similar Threads - Changing cursor does

2. PC been crashing for 6 months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC been crashing for 6 months.: Hi,My PC has been crashing for various months now with different reasons, I've been on the community for a bit around 3 times, and have tried three solutions, and while working for a bit eventually crashing. It has reached a point now where It can crash multiple times a day....
  3. PC been crashing for 6 months.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC been crashing for 6 months.: Hi,My PC has been crashing for various months now with different reasons, I've been on the community for a bit around 3 times, and have tried three solutions, and while working for a bit eventually crashing. It has reached a point now where It can crash multiple times a day....
  4. PC been crashing for 6 months.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months: I am not able to update my Windows anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the error I get: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-not-been-updating-for-months/c20e3953-a073-4e4a-b87f-660b2a4eb875
  6. Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying delete issue that has been going on for months: Hello everyone, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue in Windows 10 for months now. Sometimes when I delete a folder, some files, usually exe files, remain and I have to restart the system to be able to delete. This didn't use to be the case a while ago. For instance,...
  7. Update annoying more than a month.

Update annoying more than a month.: Update annoying more than a month. Last time three days update continued if 100% arrived message appears. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x80244018. Really annoying update i can'nt use the computer....
  8. Windows 10 x64 has not finished updating to 1803 after more than 6 months.

Windows 10 x64 has not finished updating to 1803 after more than 6 months.: "windows 10 x64 has not finished updating to 1803 after more than 6 months of trying. Winver still shows 1709.[ATTACH] Update log shows many attempts, most "successful". [ATTACH][ATTACH] But disk usage goes to 100% at logon, and stays there.[ATTACH] Office updates,...
  9. Data Usage for more than a month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage for more than a month: Hi , How can I see my network data usage for more than a month under "Settings>>Netwok&Internet>>DataUsage" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-for-more-than-a-month/20df901d-e853-4cd0-8658-aa47db60dd71
  10. Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now.: I have an HP Pavilion with an Intel Core i5 processor which came pre-installed with Windows 10 and for the last few months it's been randomly freezing totally nearly everyday (on some days it freezes twice or rarely three times) and I have to shut down by holding the Power...