Windows 10: Changing Windows 10 Edition past university convocation

Discus and support Changing Windows 10 Edition past university convocation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there. I don't know if this is the right place for me to ask, except I tried the Get Help Virtual Agent at least once and gave me options that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GregoryDesrosiers, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Changing Windows 10 Edition past university convocation

Hello there.

I don't know if this is the right place for me to ask, except I tried the Get Help Virtual Agent at least once and gave me options that don't apply.

For the past 20 months, I've been using Windows 10 Education on my Alienware laptop. I actually finished my bachelor's degree at least a couple of weekends ago and have my convocation next week, meaning after June 14, I don't think I'll be able to use Windows 10 Education on my laptop anymore. I need to look for a different edition to use. (I don't see an expiry date when I run winver.exe; I think it's with the university I'm still in)

When I made my order for the laptop back in September 2017, it came with Windows Home 64-bit. I initially had a thought of doing an engineering project involving the HoloLens at the time, and I do use Microsoft Office, mainly Word, to write out my documents and create logs, which is why I upgraded to Windows 10 Education with the help of my university.

Who should I reach out to to find some recommendations? Or, am I allowed to mention what I'm looking for in changing the edition right here? I'm not much comfortable using the phone, but I remember reaching out to someone from Microsoft Canada using instant messaging to help me retrieve a new product key on trying to activate Windows 10 Education back then.

:)

GregoryDesrosiers, Jun 8, 2019

2. Copy and paste/Editing

Upgraded my computer and it had windows 10. Have problems copy/pasting and editing my listings on ebay. I can do it with my older computer with windows 7, have to use both. Any suggestions on a fix?

Brooklyn2Florida, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Changing Windows 10 Edition past university convocation

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Changing Windows 10 Edition past university convocation

1. Changing Windows 10 Edition past university convocation - Similar Threads - Changing Edition past

2. Change window 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change window 10 edition: Hi all,My Window 10 crashed earlier this month. It got into the restart loop of blue screen all over. I tried everything to restore it but was unable to. Even the reset option won't work. So I went to local pc shop for them to reset and reinstall Window 10. When I came back,...
  3. Change window 10 edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change window 10 edition: Hi all,My Window 10 crashed earlier this month. It got into the restart loop of blue screen all over. I tried everything to restore it but was unable to. Even the reset option won't work. So I went to local pc shop for them to reset and reinstall Window 10. When I came back,...
  4. Change window 10 edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 from University

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 from University: Good afternoon, I am currently using Windows 10 home version, and I have been given the opportunity to activate Windows 10 consumer editions, version 2004 - DVD Is this a Windows 10 Pro version? from the University I am studying at. I would like to know what such a license...
  6. Changing Icons Universally?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Icons Universally?: I would like to change the icons on my PC. Self-explanatory, the only problem is that I can't change the icons everywhere in my PC or system wide. I'm assuming I can't change *all* of them but would it be possible change something like the Photoshop icon so when it's searched...
  7. Windows 10 edition change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 edition change: I got a new hard disk. When i installed windows 10, it automatically installed and activated Windows 10 Home. My old drive had Windows 10 Pro activated, and my product key doesn't work anymore. Is there anything i can do to fix it? thanks...
  8. changing windows 10 version/edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing windows 10 version/edition: my windows is using windows 10 education version. but, i want to change/return into windows 10 home version.so can you help me? how to fix it? 127319
  9. changing windows 10 version/edition

in Windows 10 Support
    changing windows 10 version/edition: my windows is using windows 10 education version. but, i want to change/return into windows 10 home version.so can you help me? how to fix it? 127319
  10. Help with changing windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with changing windows 10 pro edition to windows 10 home edition.: change windows 10 pro edition that is not activated to windows 10 home un activated so I can use a product key to activate windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-changing-windows-10-pro-edition-to/59ef65b3-3351-4c92-8736-52d8ea06034e