Windows 10: Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

Discus and support Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by downeaster59, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I began setup, I could change the language to English. This is the first window I encounter in setup. I assume it's for languages, but all is in Japanese. If someone could tell me how I can select English, I will be most grateful!

:)

downeaster59, Apr 11, 2022
  2. dwings02 Win User

language: japanese to english

I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese
    I want everything back in English
    I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale
    my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese..

Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English [​IMG]

am I missing something else or i'm doing it the wrong way?.. system language is still in japanese

dwings02, Apr 11, 2022
  3. TokyoMike Win User
    Switching Japanese Windows with English menus

Yes, I do mean those keys. I tried just switching to Japanese keyboard, as you suggested, but those keys didn't work. Also, the selection key is normally the spacebar in Japan but I could only get IME to work with the Tab key (for those who aren't familiar with Japanese typing: you type in Roman characters, then press a selection key and it steps you through a list of options for the word you are typing in Japanese characters). Did you get the special keys to work as they do in native Japanese mode?

It may well be that I was missing something, although I did try every option I could think of. In any event, as I said, I gave in and now have Japanese Windows running with English menus and everything seems to be working perfectly.
    Thanks,

Mike

TokyoMike, Apr 11, 2022
  4. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

1. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English - Similar Threads - Changing language Japanese

2. How to change Windows 11 from Japanese to English?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows 11 from Japanese to English?: I just bought an Acer Aspire 5 that came with a Japanese windows 11. Made a mistake choosing Japan as my region/country during the start up. So after downloading the updates and signing in, went ahead and changed the region on settings and added english as the primary...
  3. How to change Windows 11 from Japanese to English?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Windows 11 from Japanese to English?: I just bought an Acer Aspire 5 that came with a Japanese windows 11. Made a mistake choosing Japan as my region/country during the start up. So after downloading the updates and signing in, went ahead and changed the region on settings and added english as the primary...
  4. changing japanese to english on windows 7

changing japanese to english on windows 7: Please DO NOT ANSWER THIS WITH ENGLISH EXAMPLES ON THE SCREEN. I have seen many 'answers' to this question, but they are always showing how to navigate an English screen. That does not help because I don't have English on my screen. I have Japanese kanji on my computer. I...
  5. Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English

Changing Windows 10 language from Japanese to English: I just purchased a Raytrek Windows 10 tablet from Japan. I anticipated that the default language would be Japanese, but I also assumed that once I began setup, I could change the language to English. This is the first window I encounter in setup. I assume it's for languages,...
  6. i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese

in Cortana
    i cannot change the cortana language from English (US) to Japanese: I downloaded the language pack and speech for japanese language. i changed the region and speech settings to japanese, but it still automatically change back to english (US), i removed the english pack but then i cannot use cortana. what should i do?...
  7. Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change my Windows 10 display language from Japanese back to English: Recently tried to add Japan as another keyboard, and forgotten what i did, next all the Windows 10 language became Japanese. I tried to revert back by choosing English, but nothing happens when i click it. Plus, from the language menu under settings doesn't show my other...
  8. change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  9. Language changed to Japanese!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language changed to Japanese!: Hello, I added Japanese as a language to Windows 10 Home to try and solve another problem (which didn't work.) It was never set as default. However, when I restarted, all of the Windows text is in Japanese. I did my best to delete Japanese from the Language settings,...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...