Windows 10: Changing Windows 10 Log-On name

Discus and support Changing Windows 10 Log-On name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been trying to change my name for my windows log on for the longest time and everytime I try I come up short. I have tried using control panel... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AlexV234, Jul 10, 2019.

1. AlexV234 Win User

Changing Windows 10 Log-On name

I have been trying to change my name for my windows log on for the longest time and everytime I try I come up short. I have tried using control panel to do it and would try on Microsoft if I could navigate it properly. Any other ways, or a location to find where I can change my Log on name?

:)

AlexV234, Jul 10, 2019

2. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Changing the Log-on/Display name

Hi Ian,

To change your sign-in screen name on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts.

• Hit the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser and load your profile.

• In the main page, click the Edit name link.

• Change your name and last name, and click Save.

• Restart your computer.

Note: It is important to know that following these steps, you will also be changing the name on your outlook.com account and other Microsoft services, as well as the account name that is connected with your Microsoft account.

In line with this, you may also create a new account name on Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Type user on the search bar; then, click User Accounts.
    • Click on change your account name option; then, change the name and check if it helps.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Changing Windows 10 Log-On name

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Changing Windows 10 Log-On name

1. Changing Windows 10 Log-On name - Similar Threads - Changing Log name

2. How to change the name when logging into a local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the name when logging into a local account?: How to change the name when logging into a local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-when-logging-into-a-local/7054d2ef-1dbe-482a-be58-a29169875607
  3. How to change the name when logging into a local account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name when logging into a local account?: How to change the name when logging into a local account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-when-logging-into-a-local/7054d2ef-1dbe-482a-be58-a29169875607
  4. How to change the name when logging into a local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. change log in name on new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change log in name on new computer: How do I change the log in name on my new computer? We now have two computers but because I set each one up my name comes up when my husband goes to log in. I want to have his name on the log in page instead of mine. Thank you,...
  6. How can I change my windows 10 pro log in name and users folder name ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change my windows 10 pro log in name and users folder name ?: When the windows is loading up after restarting the pc and I need to type my pin number to log in above it the name of the pc is my email [email protected] and in the C:\Users my user name folder is rhoda [ATTACH] I want to change rhoda to but when I click on rhoda it's...
  7. How can I change my windows 10 pro log in name and users folder name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I change my windows 10 pro log in name and users folder name ?: When the windows is loading up after restarting the pc and I need to type my pin number to log in above it the name of the pc is my email [email protected] and in the C:\Users my user name folder is rhoda [ATTACH] I want to change rhoda to but when I click on rhoda it's...
  8. Log on want to change Label name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log on want to change Label name.: Dear Sirs I want to change the label log on name, but I got stuck.. cant find it how to change that log on name. the screen shot, I upload some screen shot image for your refs, need your help give us more info. file name screen shot as sequences below.. I put that files...
  9. How do I change the log in name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change the log in name?: I would like to change the log in name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-log-in-name/5552d4a8-b5ab-47e0-bb62-dc8974189350
  10. Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in: I changed my computer name using the settings option (first way listed) in the tutorial Change Computer Name in Windows 10 . Fine. But now I can no longer log in. My ordinary login works on another computer just fine, so it's to do with the login being associated with this...