Windows 10: Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

Discus and support Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; At the moment I cannot change my Windows 10 password because when entered in the 'Settings' box for changing it is stated to be 'incorrect'. Yet i can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnthonyHoward1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

At the moment I cannot change my Windows 10 password because when entered in the 'Settings' box for changing it is stated to be 'incorrect'. Yet i can open up my computer using this password. Help would be much appreciated - I am 75 years old . And not particularly tech 'savvy'. Thanks

:)

AnthonyHoward1, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 3, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 3, 2019
  4. D_o_S Win User

Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

10 most commonly used online passwords

Newlaunches.com has managed to obtain a list of the most commonly used passwords from the upcoming May 8th issue of PC Magazine.

The passwords are below:

1. password
    2. 123456
    3. qwerty
    4. abc123
    5. letmein
    6. monkey
    7. myspace1
    8. password1
    9. blink182
    10. (your first name)

If you are using any of these passwords, it is strongly advised that you change them ASAP.

Source: New Launches

D_o_S, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

1. Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised - Similar Threads - Changing password current

2. password not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  3. password not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  4. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  5. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  6. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Current windows password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Current windows password: I bought a new laptop and turning it on it came on like a normal laptop and did not go to the setup page. Now I'm trying to sign in to my Microsoft account and after putting my Microsoft password it takes me to another page that asks for my current windows password. The weird...
  8. Current Windows password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Current Windows password: I am trying to login to Rewards from the control panel, after entering my Microsoft.com password I am prompted for "current Windows password" which I have misplaced. Can anyone help?...
  9. "Current Windows Password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Current Windows Password": Hey guys! I was wondering if any of y'all had a solution to my problem. I got this laptop from a friend a while ago she wiped it cleaned for me and threw on a local account for me. I go to sign into my microsoft account so I can sync my settings, however after I type in my...
  10. Current Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Current Password: I want my laptop current password in windows 10[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/current-password/e5054044-d43a-4c0e-be18-10bb156a4a2f"