Windows 10: Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

Discus and support Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; At the moment I cannot change my Windows 10 password because when entered in the 'Settings' box for changing it is stated to be 'incorrect'. Yet i can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnthonyHoward1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

At the moment I cannot change my Windows 10 password because when entered in the 'Settings' box for changing it is stated to be 'incorrect'. Yet i can open up my computer using this password. Help would be much appreciated - I am 75 years old . And not particularly tech 'savvy'. Thanks

:)

AnthonyHoward1, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 3, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 3, 2019
  4. D_o_S Win User

Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

10 most commonly used online passwords

Newlaunches.com has managed to obtain a list of the most commonly used passwords from the upcoming May 8th issue of PC Magazine.

The passwords are below:

1. password
    2. 123456
    3. qwerty
    4. abc123
    5. letmein
    6. monkey
    7. myspace1
    8. password1
    9. blink182
    10. (your first name)

If you are using any of these passwords, it is strongly advised that you change them ASAP.

Source: New Launches

D_o_S, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised

1. Changing windows 10 password - current password not recognised - Similar Threads - Changing password current

2. Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changed password online now windows logon doesn't recognise it: Hi, I log in to my surface using face ID which is great, but I now need to know my password to update some settings (I can still log in using face ID, that is not a problem). It has been a while and I couldn't remember the password so I reset it at Microsoft online, no...
  3. Windows 10 Password Change

Windows 10 Password Change: My local password expired and Windows 10 is returning that my new password does not meet the length, complexity or history requirements of my domain. I have tried entering multiple passwords thay do meet the requirements and receive the error message every time....
  4. new email not recognising password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new email not recognising password: I created a new email with outlook.com but it does not recognise the password that I created. It may be something to do with me syncing it with my other email account. I don't know how to resolve . Can someone help me...
  5. windows current password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows current password: Hi there, How can i know my windows current password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-current-password/ef58f032-329e-4aa9-a877-32f7e257b99e
  6. Current Password

Current Password: I want my laptop current password in windows 10[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/current-password/e5054044-d43a-4c0e-be18-10bb156a4a2f"
  7. password change

in Windows 10 Customization
    password change: how do i change the guest account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/password-change/addb5aa0-1c3f-4547-b3ce-c8fff009b636
  8. Change password

Change password: How do I change my computer signon password? I was hacked. <The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-password/2cc152cd-b37b-4469-8a38-87724e4f63db"
  9. Change Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Password: How do I change my password to login to win 10 at bootup 87232
  10. Passwords not recognised, reset required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Passwords not recognised, reset required: Hi, I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then used what I thought my password had been before I changed to using a pin but as it is a while ago I may have got it wrong...