Windows 10: changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence

Discus and support changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Bought a used laptop, came with windows in spanish. Need a step by step instruction on how to change it to english. Tried the Youtube guides, tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lars WilliamSaure, Oct 8, 2019.

1. changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence

Bought a used laptop, came with windows in spanish.
    Need a step by step instruction on how to change it to english.
    Tried the Youtube guides, tried the support chatbot, etc.

I can download the language pack, but set as default is not an available option.

Is there an easy way..

If not,
    Would a reinstall interfere with all my installed programs..

:)

Lars WilliamSaure, Oct 8, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Change system language on a single language licence

Yes it is possible to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language

Click the link below for a step by step on how to do that. That page also lists all the links for the different language packs:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31698742/ho...

DaveM121, Oct 8, 2019
  3. RFC3514 Win User
    Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Jeep Lee Win User

changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence

I have single language Window 10 and I cannot change system language into English

I do not know I do have single language Window10. I added the UK English in the input that I had already had English(US) and Thai. After changing, the system language changed into Vietnamese. Although I deleted the UK english and tried to set the system
    language into US, the system and Microsoft Edge still Vietnamese. Now, I do need only English and Thai. I cannot read Vietnamese. Do you have any suggestion?

Jeep Lee, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence

1. changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence - Similar Threads - changing system language

2. English language settings for Windows 11 single language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English language settings for Windows 11 single language: I contacted you but got no response so I asked the question again.To install Vietnamese for windows 11 single language, you instructed me to clean up windows 11 by downloading the ISO template of Windows 11 but I don't see the Vietnamese language there.Here's the link you...
  3. English language settings for Windows 11 single language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English language settings for Windows 11 single language: I contacted you but got no response so I asked the question again.To install Vietnamese for windows 11 single language, you instructed me to clean up windows 11 by downloading the ISO template of Windows 11 but I don't see the Vietnamese language there.Here's the link you...
  4. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1: Hello, I need to be able to change my Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1 from Spanish to English, I really need it for work and I don't seem to be able to do it. Is there somewhere I can download an English Language Pack for this version? I found for other versions...
  5. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1: Hello, I need to be able to change my Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1 from Spanish to English, I really need it for work and I don't seem to be able to do it. Is there somewhere I can download an English Language Pack for this version? I found for other versions...
  6. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.

change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.: I bought a new laptop with windows 10 home single language Arabic. I repeatedly tried to change the display language to English, and I was not able to. Is there a way to change the display language in such releases? Thanks in advance...
  8. Changing Single Language Chinese WIndows 10 to Single Language English Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Single Language Chinese WIndows 10 to Single Language English Windows 10: Hello there, I jsut bought a HuaWei laptop in China that already has Windows 10 installed and activated. It is a Single Language Chinese version, that means I cannot change the display language of the OS via Settings. My only option is to install another version of...
  9. Windows 10 Single Language Change To English

Windows 10 Single Language Change To English: I could't find any way to replace current language which is Turkish. I want to make it English. I saw some posts somebody did this uploading cab file. But I don't think it's the safest way. Plus, Microsoft doesn't support these language packs after 1809 officially. I believe...
  10. Change system language in windows 10 home single language

Change system language in windows 10 home single language: My laptop windows 10 home single language is in spanish system language and i want to change it to english. I already did the control panel settings to change language but it didnt work. Is it possible to change the language after re installing the windows or full system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i change the language of my computer from original spanish to english on my 2019 dell inspiron 5575 windows 10 core single language laptop?