Windows 10: Changing Windows Folder Icons - Personalized didn't transfer to Windows 10 when upgraded...

Discus and support Changing Windows Folder Icons - Personalized didn't transfer to Windows 10 when upgraded... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I am computer literate but not advanced. I have a windows 7 computer and I back up all my photos and videos to 3 external hard drives. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HaraqUllah, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Changing Windows Folder Icons - Personalized didn't transfer to Windows 10 when upgraded...

Hello

I am computer literate but not advanced.

I have a windows 7 computer and I back up all my photos and videos to 3 external hard drives.

So that I know i have triple backed them up I change the folder of photos say "Superbowl 2020" from the regular folder to a icon or ico file with a .ico file of a football for example.

When I hooked up my external drives to the new Windows 10 system thousands of my icons are back to the basic folder .ico file and not my .ico files of the football for example.

Is there a quick fix or any fix to make all my .ico files resemble on my new system. Is it as simple as transferring my .ico on my windows 7 system to the same location on the windows 10 system and then all my icons will be restored there?

Thank You and hope I didn't make it sound confusing

Haraq

:)

HaraqUllah, Feb 4, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Changing Windows Folder Icons - Personalized didn't transfer to Windows 10 when upgraded...

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Changing Windows Folder Icons - Personalized didn't transfer to Windows 10 when upgraded...

1. Changing Windows Folder Icons - Personalized didn't transfer to Windows 10 when upgraded... - Similar Threads - Changing Folder Icons

2. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon placement when transferring folders: Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer folders from home to the office computer. Lately, when I transfer a folder from home, the icon for the transferred folder appears in the top left corner of the desktop display, For example see below: I transferred a folder named Danville 1971...
  3. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon placement when transferring folders: Hi. I use RemotePC to transfer folders from home to the office computer. Lately, when I transfer a folder from home, the icon for the transferred folder appears in the top left corner of the desktop display, For example see below: I transferred a folder named Danville 1971...
  4. icon placement when transferring folders

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Personal settings, desktop shortcuts and folder icon missing,automatic update when i didn't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personal settings, desktop shortcuts and folder icon missing,automatic update when i didn't...: Hi team, Without any notification, my desktop display and all old settings changed automatically. Then i checked in windows update but its already off. I had arranged all things as per suitability , so that i can find it in easy way. i don't need this feature....
  6. Windows keeps changing my personalized icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps changing my personalized icons: Hi, I personalized some icons associated to multimedia file extensions (movies, music and pictures), but the problem is Windows randomly (basically once every two months) cancel these icon associations to force its own default icons. I don't even know how it can happen since...
  7. Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10: I want to continue to use what I believe Microsft called Classic Windows Folder icon for data folders. It's the plain rectangular manila folder with the label tab in the upper left- or right-hand corner. I have had Win 10 64bit for several years and just noticed yesterday...
  8. Changing Folder Icons In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Folder Icons In Windows 10: So as many people may agree, the icons in Windows 10 look absolutely hideous. I have found an Icon pack I would like to use & I have successfully changed Icons such as Recycle Bin, My PC, My Network but when it comes to the Documents, Movies, Pictures, Download folders...
  9. Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10: How to: Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10 How to Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10 The This PC window in File Explorer includes a Folders group that displays a linked Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos folder from...
  10. Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10: How to: Change Folder Icon in Windows 10 How to Change Icon of a Folder in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to change the icon of a folder in File Explorer to any icon you like in Windows 10. *note When you change the icon of a folder, the folder will no...