Windows 10: Changing Windows product key

Discus and support Changing Windows product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When ever I try to change my windows product key, it comes up and says "The product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GeorgiosVarkas, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Changing Windows product key

When ever I try to change my windows product key, it comes up and says "The product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)" I don't know what else to do, I've tried trouble shooting but its nothing happens. I've made sure that I am inputting the right key several times.

:)

GeorgiosVarkas, Apr 17, 2019

2. Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Changing Windows product key

Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Changing Windows product key

1. Changing Windows product key - Similar Threads - Changing product key

2. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  3. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  4. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHANGING PRODUCT KEY: Hello, I have a almost stupid question... If I change my PC's product key, will I lose all of my personal information/apps? I'm currently using a product key that was given to my boyfriend for his university, but it constantly has me change my password and won't let me...
  6. change product key

change product key: i can't find the 25 digits to change the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-product-key/c1055548-6369-42ba-9073-fa109cd71145"
  7. Change Product Key

Change Product Key: II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in with X's and 0's. When I try to enter my product key it will not let me enter my key. As soon as I try to enter the first...
  8. Changing product key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing product key.: I recently got a hp computer with windows already installed on it, and I would like to install a game called roblox. it is insisting that I need to change my product key, but to do that I need a 25 digit code. it says I will either have an email or find it on the packaging,...
  9. Product Key Changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Changing: If I change my product key can I rechange it back to the original product key without loosing my data?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-changing/5e8ae58a-d728-4b81-94ca-4d4fb54a26f8
  10. Change windows product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change windows product key: My system was attacked by Malware and after that I have reinstalled windows 10 using media creation file by cleaning all my drives. When I'm entering my original product key by using the option change product key, i'm getting the following error...