Windows 10: Changing Windows UI Elements

Discus and support Changing Windows UI Elements in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm new to Windows 10 (Windows 10 Pro 20H2) and I've been trying to change some UI elements. 1. Registry. Changing the value of "MenuBar" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Yaron, May 3, 2021.

1. Yaron Win User

Changing Windows UI Elements

I'm new to Windows 10 (Windows 10 Pro 20H2) and I've been trying to change some UI elements.

1. Registry.
    Changing the value of "MenuBar" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors" has no effect.
    Why is that? Can I change the MenuBar background color somewhere else in the Registry?

2. Creating a theme.
    I've followed the steps provided in Please Wait... | Cloudflare.
    What tool should I use for editing the theme?
    And when and why does UltraUXThemePatcher come in?

Thank you. I'd appreciate your help.

:)

Yaron, May 3, 2021

2. unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-edition/930628cd-18a0-4a21-8270-284584397495

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, May 3, 2021
  3. Zekrom333 Win User
    Missing UI elements/Glitch

Some minor UI elements are missing on my Win10, like the gray background of the commonly used Apps you see when you click on the search button in the taskbar. Another missing UI element is the small rounded rectangle that indicates the percentage in the
    slider bars, this includes the volume slider that pops up when you click the volume icon in the taskbar, the volume slider inside of the Movies & TV app and the screen brightness slider inside of the notification centre. Basically all of the native Win10 applications
    that have sliders in them are missing the little rounded squared that indicates the percentage on the slider. It's important to mention that all of the features are fully functional and work as intended, they're just missing the slider's indicator.
    I have tried all the standard restoring procedures such as running DISM and SFC commands, nothing works as this issue is not being detected by any of these methods.
    Please get back to me on this, I'm looking forward to a solution.

Best regards.

Zekrom333, May 3, 2021
  4. Changing Windows UI Elements

Photo Shop Elements

Hi Rosas,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please don’t worry. We will assist you.

The issue could occur if the program is incompatible with Windows 10 or program is corrupt.

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest to uninstall and reinstall the Photo Shop Elements application in program compatibility mode on the Computer.

Step 1: suggest you to uninstall the Photo Shop Elements application.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Click on Programs and Features.

4. Right click on Photo Shop Elements from the list and click on Uninstall.

Step 2: Try to run the Program Compatibility troubleshooter and try to install the
    Photo Shop Elements application. Check if it helps.

1. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes on search box next to
    Start Menu and click on Troubleshooting.

2. Click on View All the left panel of the screen and then click on
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

3. Then click on Next and follow the instructions.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Changing Windows UI Elements

1. Changing Windows UI Elements - Similar Threads - Changing Elements

2. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  3. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background: I've been trying to change my lock screen and wallpaper, but when I go to click a picture or even a folder -- no photos show up. It appears on my laptop, but just not when I try to change my background. I saw this same question and there was an answer, but the command ran...
  4. Pictures won't appear for selection when I try to change background

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  6. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  7. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  8. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  9. I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it.

I have a frozen screen in Photoshop Elements 9 and cannot change it.: I wonder if anybody can help me get out of this situation? I am using Photoshop Elements 9 on Windows 10. I must have done something wrong when editing a picture as I now have a blank editing screen, the Text button is activated and does not respond anymore. All my drop down...
  10. Windows 10 mail app + Settings->Change text size apps and other elements higher than 100%...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 mail app + Settings->Change text size apps and other elements higher than 100%...: If you set the view percentage over 100%, the left menu overlaps and if you want to send the email to others you can't see the "To" field and other fields. This feels like no one tested this app....