Windows 10: Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10

Discus and support Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; In Windows 7 it was easy to increase the font size if the ribbon in MS Office Word: Right click the desktop / personalize + 2 more clicks and a window... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by gadisam, Jul 10, 2019.

1. gadisam Win User

Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10

In Windows 7 it was easy to increase the font size if the ribbon in MS Office Word: Right click the desktop / personalize + 2 more clicks and a window opens where you can change each and every part of the window: Title bar font size and color, menu font size, icon size, etc etc. Increasing menu font size (or palette font size, I don't remember) automatically increased the Word ribbon font size.

In Windows 8 it was pretty much the same.

But in Windows 10 they must have hidden it very deep, I can't find it (and I badly need to increase the ribbon font size, I'm not getting younger....).

Please help.

:)

gadisam, Jul 10, 2019

2. Customize font sizes for menu bars, ribbons, etc.

Since the new Windows update installed last night, all of my menu/ribbon font sizes have gotten very small. I cannot locate the place to change menu font sizes. I believe it was under display before this. I am able to change the overall display setting but all of the different menus and ribbons in my programs have reverted to a very small font. Part of display functions used to allow font size changes for separate components of the window such as menu bar, toolbar, etc. I can no longer find that option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

moffettleslie, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    can't adjust font size...

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query on this forum.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Type fonts on the search bar and select it.

• Click on change font size from the left pane.

• Make changes according.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10

How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10

1. Changing Word ribbon font size in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing Word ribbon

2. Font size changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size changed: I received an email which was shrunk very small so one page was about 1.5 by 1.5. I worked with print sizes until I could get thepage larger and could be read.............but!!!!! that changed the font size in Outlook until I can only read one email at a time. I...
  3. Windows 10 change font size?

Windows 10 change font size?: Is there a way to change the size of the font in menus and dialog bokes in Win 10 itself. I have used the "slider" in systems but it does nothing to change the size of type in windows. I talking about the type/font inside a right click on the desk-top. Sag...
  4. Ribbon Size for Windows 10

Ribbon Size for Windows 10: Ribbon Size is too big to see screen in windows 10, can you please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ribbon-size-for-windows-10/06ff0c8b-2ed1-415b-ae94-bd61877e4fae
  5. change font size

change font size: change font size and color in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-size/96cdf9c7-dc71-445a-8a0b-dc8fcc98b2ee
  6. Font size in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Font size in word: Word 2016 has default font size of 11 but the size in any document when opened is very large maybe 18 or more. I cant change the size on any document Any thoughts 143691
  7. Can No Longer Change Font Size in a Word Document

Can No Longer Change Font Size in a Word Document: I am trying to type a word document (running Windows 10) and cannot change the font size. It is now set in 8 pt. which I've never used and I want to change it back to 11 or 12 point....
  8. Changing font size

Changing font size: Not sure how it happened but I think my cat stepped on the Windows key and somehow changed the font size. I have checked my resolution and it is at recommended size. Can't seem to get it back to normal size, it is kind of small now. I read that it might be hard to return to...
  9. Customize ribbons, font sizes and menu bars

Customize ribbons, font sizes and menu bars: Since the new Windows update installed last night, all of my menu/ribbon font sizes have gotten very small. I cannot locate the place to change menu font sizes. I believe it was under display before this. I am able to change the overall display setting but all of the...
  10. Customize font sizes for menu bars, ribbons, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize font sizes for menu bars, ribbons, etc.: Since the new Windows update installed last night, all of my menu/ribbon font sizes have gotten very small. I cannot locate the place to change menu font sizes. I believe it was under display before this. I am able to change the overall display setting but all of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ribbon font size settings windows 10

2. ribbon font size word

3. enlarge ribbon text windows 10

4. ribbon size windows 10,
  5. ribbon font size windows 10,
  6. outlook ribbon size windows 10,
  7. windows 10 ribbon font size,
  8. windors 10 ribbon font