Windows 10: Changing your Microsoft display name both in Windows 10 and on the Internet

Discus and support Changing your Microsoft display name both in Windows 10 and on the Internet in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; PROBLEM: Our Windows 10 computer sign-in name is forced to show the first and last name of the Microsoft account to which it is linked. We see no way... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Honest Abe, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Changing your Microsoft display name both in Windows 10 and on the Internet

PROBLEM: Our Windows 10 computer sign-in name is forced to show the first and last name of the Microsoft account to which it is linked. We see no way of changing this on the local computer. Furthermore, trying to make changes online to our Microsoft account, we are forced to specify both a first and last name. We don't mind providing this information to Microsoft for maintaining an account, but don't want both our first and last name displayed everywhere we go on the internet.

QUESTION: How can we designate a display name that does not expose our first and last name, both on our local computers and our online activities?

Thank you for any assistance.

:)

Honest Abe, Feb 11, 2021
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Changing your Microsoft display name both in Windows 10 and on the Internet wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Changing the Log-on/Display name

Hi Ian,

To change your sign-in screen name on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts.

• Hit the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser and load your profile.

• In the main page, click the Edit name link.

• Change your name and last name, and click Save.

• Restart your computer.

Note: It is important to know that following these steps, you will also be changing the name on your outlook.com account and other Microsoft services, as well as the account name that is connected with your Microsoft account.

In line with this, you may also create a new account name on Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Type user on the search bar; then, click User Accounts.
    • Click on change your account name option; then, change the name and check if it helps.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Changing your Microsoft display name both in Windows 10 and on the Internet

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Changing your Microsoft display name both in Windows 10 and on the Internet

1. Changing your Microsoft display name both in Windows 10 and on the Internet - Similar Threads - Changing Microsoft display

2. Both Win 10 and 11 display "No internet Connected" but it is.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Win 10 and 11 display "No internet Connected" but it is.: Morning,For months now, my wife's Win 11 laptop has displayed an issue whereby her computer tells her that there is no internet access, despite the fact that when she goes to a briwser such as Edge, Firefox or Chrome, the browser works fine. She'll turn wifi off and on, and...
  3. Both Win 10 and 11 display "No internet Connected" but it is.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Win 10 and 11 display "No internet Connected" but it is.: Morning,For months now, my wife's Win 11 laptop has displayed an issue whereby her computer tells her that there is no internet access, despite the fact that when she goes to a briwser such as Edge, Firefox or Chrome, the browser works fine. She'll turn wifi off and on, and...
  4. Both Win 10 and 11 display "No internet Connected" but it is.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Change Display Name Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Display Name Microsoft Account?: On my family computer I am the only admin and I want to change my user account display name to admin. I signed into my Microsoft account for the user so I could manage family stuff from there, But it automatically sets my logon display name as James Hatcher. The name of the...
  6. Is Display name the same as your Profile name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Display name the same as your Profile name: Is your display name the same as your profile name your profile name next to your avatar, when customer need to ask the Community a question? I only have one email Microsoft account. Sometimes the name next to the avatar is Ruth, sometimes Ruth 53. My full name for my account...
  7. Windows 10 mail - cannot change display name

Windows 10 mail - cannot change display name: Hi everybody,I am using mail for Windows 10 and faces the problem that I cannot use different display names for different gmail accounts. When adding first account, program asked me what display name I want. When adding another account - I did not get same question. 1st...
  8. Change display name in Mail for Windows 10

Change display name in Mail for Windows 10: I would like to change the display name for a google account in the Windows Mail app, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it. The display name is the name that other people see when they receive an e-mail for you, and the name which replaces the mail address when...
  9. Easy Guide: How to Change Your Microsoft Account Name in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Easy Guide: How to Change Your Microsoft Account Name in Windows 10: If you sign into Windows 10 using your Microsoft Account email, editing your account name is not available from within the Settings interface. Users signing into Windows 10 using a Local Account, can still edit their account name using the following steps:...
  10. Need to change windows 10 email display name

in Browsers and Email
    Need to change windows 10 email display name: Windows 10 Email APP I need to update my last name. I go to SETTINGS MANAGE ACCOUNTS There is no box to update ANY name change. I could do a work around by deleting and reinstalling the account, but that will delete ALL my email. Is there a way to get to this in...