Windows 10: character map save as png/svg is grayed out

Discus and support character map save as png/svg is grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; trying to use character map with cricut design space. save as png and svg is not A N OPTION... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tra-cKenney, Apr 7, 2020.

1. character map save as png/svg is grayed out

trying to use character map with cricut design space. save as png and svg is not A N OPTION

:)

Tra-cKenney, Apr 7, 2020

2. Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 7, 2020
  3. character map

Bottom right corner of what?

I would love to have a CHARACTER MAP pinned to my windowa 10 taskbar. If anybody knows a way to do this please list every step so that any neophyte can understand the process.

LarryMacLeod, Apr 7, 2020
  4. character map save as png/svg is grayed out

Windows 10 Character Map

Greetings, Shawn... Thanks for sharing your WW (Windows Wisdom!) with us.

I have two Character Map questions and i already have a sinking feeling i'm not going to like the answers. lol. I'm using Windows 10 now.... and even though i don't like many things about it... i'm officially here (albeit by Microsoft
    FORCING me to upgrade with their annoying DAILY 'Upgrade Now' Spam messages that you can NOT uninstall).

Here are my two questions. I'm going to label them A and B so you don't have to segue your answers.

A. i frequently need to use the Windows 10 ALT Character Map and scrolling through the LONG, VERY narrow list of characters is beyond frustrating. To make matters worse, the "full screen" option at the top is grayed out... which obviously means it's
    not available. Each time i EVEN SEEEEE the grayed out 'full screen' option it's a constant reminder that it SHOULD have been available and WHY isn't it?!!! Obviously the MS developers don't use their Character Map very often (ever???) or they would QUICKLY
    know how inconvenient it is to constantly scroll through the long menu of characters. (On a side note, i realize i could probably Google a downloadable full screen version but it's absurd that i have to go to an outside source for something that could/should
    be fixed by MS).

B. Here's another Character Map annoyance and suggestion. The fact that MS didn't include (OR EVEN THINK OF) a "Recently Used List" at the TOP of the menu is just another example of how little this was thought about. Even Emoji Developers have figured
    out the need and usefulness of this. Expecting a user to scroll through the Arabic Characters (or whatever other Characters most of the world has no clue what they mean) is BEYOND unreasonable. If someone speaks Arabic i assume they have a real Arabic Keyboard
    and don't use these symbols AT ALL. i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to visit with the idiots that laid out the Character Map menu and didn't categorize them. Why not put the Spanish Symbols together... and group the Math symbols in blocks for simplicity. Since
    they didn't see fit to include a "full screen" view where your eyes could quickly scan without scrolling, and since they didn't have the foresight to have a "Recently Used List" ....IF THEY AT LEAST CATEGORIZED them "in blocks" it would be simpler use and
    find the obscure symbol the user is looking for. Finally, God forbid if you happen to click on or select the WRONG character... you can't UN-select it to see the CORRECT character! In other words, the wrong character that the user selected by accident HIDES
    the surrounding characters.

Instead of Microsoft hiring developers with a degree from MIT, how about adding common sense to the qualification list or asking them if they've EVER ACTUALLY USED the MS Character Map!! lol

Shawn, i know you're NOT the right person to tell this stuff to but unfortunately the Developers that do need to hear/read this are protected like the Holy Grail and hidden somewhere in the bowels of Microsoft. Actually, that's kind of an ironic place
    for them to be. lolol.

Thanks again, Shawn for any direction you can provide for my frustrations... and it would be GRRRREATLY appreciated if you can forward my suggestions to someone that could actually FIX THEM. Adding simple things like a Recently Used List would save
    tons of time for MILLIONS of users.

Sincerely...

Steven Williams

(i hate it when someone is critical... then hides behind their SN for anonymity)

SeacoastSteven, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

character map save as png/svg is grayed out

1. character map save as png/svg is grayed out - Similar Threads - character map save

2. Can't save SVG file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save SVG file: I have Silhoutte Studio Business edition. Since the latest update to Microsoft, when I try to save an SVG file it automatically saves the file as Microsoft Edge; which is useless. I've tried changing the default program that SVG are saved to Chrome but it still saves an MEdge...
  3. Can't save SVG file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save SVG file: I have Silhoutte Studio Business edition. Since the latest update to Microsoft, when I try to save an SVG file it automatically saves the file as Microsoft Edge; which is useless. I've tried changing the default program that SVG are saved to Chrome but it still saves an MEdge...
  4. Can't save SVG file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Universal Character Map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal Character Map: I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page....
  6. Universal Character Map

Universal Character Map: I'm trying to download this from the Microsoft and I keep getting the following error:This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default app settings page....
  7. Office UI Fabric Icons as SVG or PNG files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office UI Fabric Icons as SVG or PNG files.: [ATTACH] Hello! I was looking for Office UI icons for some time, and I found this website https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/fluentui#/styles/web/icons (official Microsoft developer blog). Unfortunately, it seems that this page only provides the icons as "Unicode" /...
  8. Character Map

in Cortana
    Character Map: Is there a way to pin the Character Map to the bottom of my page, don't know what that area is called, so I don't have to enter it in search every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/character-map/06e6edf3-f133-45d0-ae5b-477c6b069f03
  9. How to save images as PNG when my pc will only save them as SVG?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to save images as PNG when my pc will only save them as SVG?: When I want to save an image from the internet that is suppose to be a PNG my PC will save it as a SVG which my PC cannot even open, and it gives no option of a PNG. Im not sure why this is happening and it would be great if someone could help me....
  10. Character map

Character map: How can I find the character map on Microsoft 10? I used to get it when I entered it in "Type to search" box https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/character-map/79ea1805-3776-4843-879d-feecaafeafcd