Windows 10: Character Map

Discus and support Character Map in Cortana to solve the problem; Is there a way to pin the Character Map to the bottom of my page, don't know what that area is called, so I don't have to enter it in search every... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by tdb1667, Aug 23, 2020.

1. tdb1667 Win User

Character Map

Is there a way to pin the Character Map to the bottom of my page, don't know what that area is called, so I don't have to enter it in search every time?

:)

tdb1667, Aug 23, 2020

2. Character Map

Hi Susan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below listed questions and get back to us.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Does this issue occur on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, or any other browser?
    3. Once the text disappears, are you able to undo that by press the 'Ctrl' key and the 'Z' key from your keyboard?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Check if your Windows is Up-to-date.

Go to Settings > Update and Security >
    Windows Updates and install all the Windows Updates if there are any.

Method 2: Use a different browser

Use a different browser to access Gmail and see if you are facing the same issue.

Method 3: Adding the characters manually from Character Map.

Step 1: Click on the
    Start Menu and search for Character Map and hit
    Enter.

Step 2: Once the
    Character Map launches, look for the character that you want to add >
    Select that character and click on Copy.

Step 3: Go to the email that
    you want to add the character and paste the character by pressing the ‘Windows’ key and the ‘V’ key from your keyboard and see if the characters are disappearing.

​Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 23, 2020
  3. character map

Bottom right corner of what?

I would love to have a CHARACTER MAP pinned to my windowa 10 taskbar. If anybody knows a way to do this please list every step so that any neophyte can understand the process.

LarryMacLeod, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Character Map

Keyboard character key mapping

In summary, what I need to do is to map:

• key e0-34 to the "$" character (Shift-4)
    • and key e0-33 to the "€" character (Alt-0128)
    Voila.

Please help.

Thanks.

YvesTrottier, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Character Map

1. Character Map - Similar Threads - Character Map

2. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  3. Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font is installed but it only shows up in Character Map: Windows version: 24H2I installed a font via Windows font viewer, but it only appears in Character map, the font is there, but it can only be used in browsers....
  4. Star icon in Windows Character Map/ASCII Code - I found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Star icon in Windows Character Map/ASCII Code - I found: I was looking for the star icons in the Windows Character Map and in the ASCII codes, but couldn't easily find them. I saw I many complaints about the star icons no longer being available in the ASCII characters. After searching through quite a few fonts in the Character Map,...
  5. Star icon in Windows Character Map/ASCII Code - I found

Star icon in Windows Character Map/ASCII Code - I found: I was looking for the star icons in the Windows Character Map and in the ASCII codes, but couldn't easily find them. I saw I many complaints about the star icons no longer being available in the ASCII characters. After searching through quite a few fonts in the Character Map,...
  6. Windows Character Map customisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Character Map customisation: Is there a way to create custom groups in Character Map program. As an engineer I use quite ofter special characters but I forget some shortcuts so it would be nice If I could leave Character Map with handpicked characters open on my secondary monitor. NB: since it is my...
  7. Keyboard mapping in Hebrew - period or full-stop character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard mapping in Hebrew - period or full-stop character: I've been having the exact same issue as drbenfox, where trying to type a period "." in Hebrew produces a "tzadi sofi" "ץ". I don't know why that thread was locked without any useful answers, so I'm posting this new question as a response to that thread.It seems like I've...
  8. Keyboard mapping in Hebrew - period or full-stop character

Keyboard mapping in Hebrew - period or full-stop character: I've been having the exact same issue as drbenfox, where trying to type a period "." in Hebrew produces a "tzadi sofi" "ץ". I don't know why that thread was locked without any useful answers, so I'm posting this new question as a response to that thread.It seems like I've...
  9. Character Map not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Character Map not working in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will show you what you can do if the Character Map is not working in Windows 11/10. Character Map is a Windows built-in tool that allows users of the Windows OS to see all the special characters available in each font installed on the computer. It also...
  10. Can I print a Sample of my Fonts and their Glyphs Character Maps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I print a Sample of my Fonts and their Glyphs Character Maps?: I recently learned how to install new fonts to my computer. I am using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. There was an option to print when I installed a new Font, so I tried it. I got a page with a sample of the Font. This would be great to have for some of my other Fonts and...