Windows 10: Characters missing from fonts in new install of Windows 10

Discus and support Characters missing from fonts in new install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the subject states, a new install of Windows 10 is missing certain characters from most fonts. On other Windows 10 computers I use or have used in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by willmoreside, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Characters missing from fonts in new install of Windows 10

As the subject states, a new install of Windows 10 is missing certain characters from most fonts. On other Windows 10 computers I use or have used in the past, these characters are displayed correctly, without ever having installed supplementary fonts.

For example, the black ★ and white ☆ stars. If I paste them into Notepad++ they are displayed as blank boxes. Used Courier New and Consolas to test, both with the same result. If I do the same on another computer, they are displayed correctly. I tried copying the two aforementioned font files over and installing them, but this did not change anything.

:)

willmoreside, Jan 8, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 8, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 8, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Characters missing from fonts in new install of Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Characters missing from fonts in new install of Windows 10

1. Characters missing from fonts in new install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Characters missing fonts

2. Marathi Font Visible on Screen But Missing Characters in Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Marathi Font Visible on Screen But Missing Characters in Print: Hi All,I am trying to print a document containing Marathi text. Font used is DVB-TTSurekh.The text is displayed correctly on screen.But when I print it, some texts in document are missing.Result is same for printing to actual printer, printing to PDF and export as PDF. Some...
  3. Marathi Font Visible on Screen But Missing Characters in Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Marathi Font Visible on Screen But Missing Characters in Print: Hi All,I am trying to print a document containing Marathi text. Font used is DVB-TTSurekh.The text is displayed correctly on screen.But when I print it, some texts in document are missing.Result is same for printing to actual printer, printing to PDF and export as PDF. Some...
  4. Times New Roman Missing Characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Times New Roman Missing Characters: A couple of months ago, my Times New Roman font seems to be missing some characters. I tried using other fonts at the moment, but it irks me to see that I don't have a clue on how to resolve this problem. I would greatly appreciate any of you guys who would help me out on...
  5. Times New Roman Missing Characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Times New Roman Missing Characters: A couple of months ago, my Times New Roman font seems to be missing some characters. I tried using other fonts at the moment, but it irks me to see that I don't have a clue on how to resolve this problem. I would greatly appreciate any of you guys who would help me out on...
  6. How to install new fonts in window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install new fonts in window 10?: I am a graphic designer and want to change the font in windows 10. How can I install a new font downloaded from FontsBee . Can anyone please help me with this regard?...
  7. Fonts/Unicode Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts/Unicode Characters: So I was deleting some preinstalled fonts like Microsoft fonts and things like Arial Bold. The reason I did this is because there are a lot of preinstalled fonts and I'm always downloading new fonts for creative purposes. I deleted a bunch of these fonts so that it would be...
  8. Installed fonts are missing from font selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed fonts are missing from font selection: This is on a Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.1016 installed on 2020-02-16. Installed some Noto ttf fonts and they are stored in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts, but they don't show up for selection anywhere. In addition trying to update the signature...
  9. Missing characters when using a custom font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing characters when using a custom font: [ATTACH] Alright, so I recently decided to change the default font on my computer using regedit, and for the most part everything seems to be working fine. The only real issues I've noticed are with certain unicode characters, most notably the semicolon in the taskbar's...
  10. installing a new font on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    installing a new font on windows 10: Hi I am trying to install a new font onto a users machine. I have downloaded the font and unzipped it on the respective machine, however when I try to install the font I get a message stating: "Cannot install the raleway-regular.tff the file ****** does not appear to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. characters are missing in windows 10