Windows 10: Charge my laptop without the charging port.

Discus and support Charge my laptop without the charging port. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Doxr, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Doxr Win User

Charge my laptop without the charging port.

So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to charge my computer? I just need a few minutes of charge to remove my critical files. I would use my phone, but the laptop doesn't recognize there's a connected phone and therefore I can't charge it that way.Is there a way at all? I don't think so, but I'll ask.

:)

2. Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

attached is a pic of the internal of the laptop
    there does NOT appear to be a CMOS battery

what should my next steps be?

- fully charge existing battery and see if i remove it and install back teh next day whether its still fully charged?

- charge the battery for 18 hours to charge the internal CMOS battery?

- suggestions please as Im not sure

bartjunited, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Charge my laptop without the charging port. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Megahertz Win User

Toshiba Laptop Not Holding Battery Charge

You have to find out if the battery is loosing charge by it's own or if it's the computer that is discharging the battery.
    - fully charge existing battery and remove it. Next day install it back and see whether its still fully charged.

Denis, Unfortunately the Satellite S50B laptop doesn't have a CMOS battery. See post 12

Megahertz, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Charge my laptop without the charging port. - Similar Threads - Charge laptop without

2. Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!: Hello. so I got bread crumbs in my charging port and tried to clean it with a mechanical pencil and I unfortunately got the pencil lead stuck in there. I didn't think that it was a huge problem so I plugged in the charger and it suddenly stinks. I'm scared it'll explode if I...
  3. Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!: Hello. so I got bread crumbs in my charging port and tried to clean it with a mechanical pencil and I unfortunately got the pencil lead stuck in there. I didn't think that it was a huge problem so I plugged in the charger and it suddenly stinks. I'm scared it'll explode if I...
  4. Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  6. Charge my laptop without the charging port.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Charge my laptop without the charging port.: So my charging port just broke, and it'll take many months that I don't have to fix it. I have critical files I need to save, then I'll repair them later. My laptop's at 0 percent, and I need to have a charging source that isn't from the charging port. Is there a way to...
  7. Laptop constantly toggling charging and not charging

Laptop constantly toggling charging and not charging: My laptop is constantly toggling charging and not charging and I don't know why it's happening. But when I plug in a very low sound is coming like 'tick tick..'.can any one please help meNote-my laptop can't turn on because its has run out of battery life....
  8. how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices

how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices: ok idk but it charges for no reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-allow-the-usb-port-not-the-charging/34354a2a-3c88-4c04-9f2e-8c6ec55cdfc9
  9. how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices: ok idk but it charges for no reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-allow-the-usb-port-not-the-charging/34354a2a-3c88-4c04-9f2e-8c6ec55cdfc9
  10. MY laptop charging port blinking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MY laptop charging port blinking: From some days my laptop charging port light continuously and blink and does not stop glowing and blinking even i remove the charger.., please any one can me to solve this problem....