Windows 10: Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

Discus and support Charged for MS Office 365 without asking in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by caprice, Apr 1, 2020.

1. caprice Win User

Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email saying:

Thanks for your Office 365 Home subscription. Your subscription was successfully charged on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Your recurring billing is scheduled for Wednesday, March 24, 2021.Recurring billing will happen every year at NZ$165.00 including taxes. You can see your subscription information, change how you pay, or cancel any time.

This was charged without asking me first, is this normal behaviour MS ? What is the best way to contact and get them to reverse the charge to my Credit Card?

Version 6.0 build 6002 SP2

:)

caprice, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

This is a typical "I just click OK, no need to read what they are saying" situation. Your own fault.

It is really clearly told to you that you in Terms & Conditions, that if you do not cancel the subscription before the trial expires, you will be charged. Already in first page when clicking "Test Office 365 Home", this is shown:

Charged for MS Office 365 without asking [​IMG]

(Click to enlarge screenshots.)

Later in sign up process, this will be repeatedly told / shown to user.

It's then up to user to remember to cancel the subscription before it's too late. When you want to cancel subscription after it has been paid, go to Sign in to your Microsoft account and cancel your subscription to get unused time refunded.

Charged for MS Office 365 without asking [​IMG]

Kari, Apr 1, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    agreed -- people should READ what they sign up to but people do need to be warned about "the recurring charge" method of debiting people's accounts --it's a hideously nasty way that absolves Banks from a lot of "refund" mechanisms.

Insist on Standing order, Direct Debit or one off payments.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 1, 2020
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Be sure you remember to ask for a cancellation 30 days before the annual renewal.

SoFine409, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Charged for MS Office 365 without asking - Similar Threads - Charged Office 365

2. MS Office 365

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Office 365: I'm retiring a computer. How do I remove Office 365 and the install it on a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-365/004b38c1-8c97-49ec-938a-1da98683a7a0
  3. MS Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Office 365: I'm retiring a computer. How do I remove Office 365 and the install it on a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-365/004b38c1-8c97-49ec-938a-1da98683a7a0
  4. MS Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. office 365 and or MS accounts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    office 365 and or MS accounts: I have companies sending me documents linked to a SharePoint box they hold docs in. MS I think claims i have a business and personal account using the same email address. I attempted to log in my account yet am receiving an error message as shown below. I have attempted to...
  6. MS office 365

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS office 365: I have MS 365 puchased and installed but today could not open and edit word files from desktop. getting a message, i need MS 365 subscription to edit and save I had no issues till last week...
  7. Charged for MS Office 365 without asking

in Windows 10 Support
    Charged for MS Office 365 without asking: I recently decided to take the MS Office 365 free trial I soon found that it was much more than I needed and left it at that, today I received an email saying: Thanks for your Office 365 Home subscription. Your subscription was successfully charged on Tuesday, March 24,...
  8. MS Office 365 eXCEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 365 eXCEL: Two problems: One- In Excel, keep getting "we're sorry but excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working........" This error is extremely irritating as I have to reenter data everytime MS decides to "prevent it from working" and when you deal with the...
  9. MS Office 365 and MS Office online.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 365 and MS Office online.: Are there any advantages to using MS Office online, if you have a 365 account. Besides the 1TB of space. Gort 142047
  10. cancel MS Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    cancel MS Office 365: Hello Folks: I need help to get rid of Office 365. For some reason, when I attempt to log in I get a message telling me my computer is sending out spam. Since this computer has just been serviced, with a clean reinstallation of Window 10, I don't believe it. I have...