Windows 10: Charger connected but not charging

Discus and support Charger connected but not charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new surface battery isn't charging anymore. The battery symbol is showing as connected but no charging takes place. System shuts down as soon as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aJain27, Jul 27, 2020.

1. aJain27 Win User

Charger connected but not charging

My new surface battery isn't charging anymore. The battery symbol is showing as connected but no charging takes place. System shuts down as soon as I remove the charger.

:)

aJain27, Jul 27, 2020

2. Lumia 950 not charging or turning on. Vibrates when charger connected.

Hi,

Regarding your concern, we suggest you to charge your phone for at least 20 minutes using your phone's wall charger. Then try to switch on the phone again. You can click this

link
    for the Lumia troubleshooting and repair for your battery concern. Follow the steps provided below:

1. Select the “Battery and charging”.
    2. Next, Select a problem based on your concern.
    3. Then, follow the instructions provided.

Just let us know if you need further assistance.

Dennis Zac, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Charger connected but not charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Charger connected but not charging

Plugged in, not charging

I have a dell E1505 that I have hade no problems with Win 10 from day one until the latest update ver 1803. There must a bunch of people who have had this "not charging" issue. I have done every step from chilling the battery to removing all the battery drivers via device manager. Nothing worked. at one point I got half way there. I regrouped and played with it for three days. You will see in the procedure that it was the power cfg step that seemed to get it aligned to the system. I no longer have the issue and even the Quickset warning to use the proper Dell charger no longer appears. I hope this helps someone because I never found any Microsoft response that weren't scripted or useful.

1. Make sure you have enough battery power to pullthis off. If you don’t you may have to use a friend’s battery.
    2. Disconnect the charger from wall socket. (Laptopnow on battery)
    3. Disconnect the charger from the laptop.
    IMPORTANT!! Go to the device manager and in the battery section delete all the drivers. Don't worry they will come back when you turn the laptop on in step 7.
    4. Turn off the Laptop.
    5. Connect charger to wall socket.
    6. Connect charger to Laptop.
    7. Start Laptop.
    8. Wait till it is completely started.
    9. At this point you will see that it is charging.If you disconnect the charger and reconnect it you will be right back where youstarted!
    10. Now this the step that I tried on a whim. Openthe command prompt. Type in
    a. powercfg /batteryreport
    b. Open the report. It has some real interestinginfo then close it.
    11. At his point you can shut down the laptop andsee your charging light is flashing.
    12. Turn your laptop on and click on the batteryicon. Disconnect the cable and it should tell you it is on battery. Reconnectand it should tell you it is charging.

atomicbubba, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Charger connected but not charging

1. Charger connected but not charging - Similar Threads - Charger connected charging

2. Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging: I tried going to device manager and re installing the ACPI Drivers but no change.I even installed drivers but Lenovo site but the problem still persists.I clicked on update driver option and this is what I got The version of windows 10 is old and to update the driver, I have...
  3. Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging: I tried going to device manager and re installing the ACPI Drivers but no change.I even installed drivers but Lenovo site but the problem still persists.I clicked on update driver option and this is what I got The version of windows 10 is old and to update the driver, I have...
  4. Lenovo laptop, charger plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shock icon on battery, not charging even though it’s connected to charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shock icon on battery, not charging even though it’s connected to charger: My laptop was stuck in automatic repair loop, I somehow managed to turn it on, but now, even though it’s plugged it isn’t charging. Battery has 0% and it has a shock icon on it. The light indicator for charging isn’t on, even though laptop is connected to charger. When I...
  6. Shock icon on battery, not charging even though it’s connected to charger

Shock icon on battery, not charging even though it’s connected to charger: My laptop was stuck in automatic repair loop, I somehow managed to turn it on, but now, even though it’s plugged it isn’t charging. Battery has 0% and it has a shock icon on it. The light indicator for charging isn’t on, even though laptop is connected to charger. When I...
  7. Charger is Plugged in but not charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charger is Plugged in but not charging.: I bought this laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 15" this year 15 Aug 2022. I updated the laptop as soon as Windows 11 new update came. But after updating for first few days heavy battery drain was noticed. Today a new problem arised, laptop was plugged in but the battery...
  8. Charger is Plugged in but not charging.

Charger is Plugged in but not charging.: I bought this laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 15" this year 15 Aug 2022. I updated the laptop as soon as Windows 11 new update came. But after updating for first few days heavy battery drain was noticed. Today a new problem arised, laptop was plugged in but the battery...
  9. ac adapter for battery charger not charging

ac adapter for battery charger not charging: my dell insprion 5551 ac adapter isn't charging by battery and I have tried all the suggestions that dell provided and still nothing. my battery is at 10%. I not had a problem till I remember month or 2 ago I reset my pc but ac adapter didn't get notice till month ago. when I...
  10. Charger Not charging computer

Charger Not charging computer: My computer charger is longer charging my computer. I have HP Notebook 15 AC158. Could you please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/charger-not-charging-computer/a868b6e4-9817-498d-8380-e4ecf22d6c53