Windows 10: Charger malfunction

Discus and support Charger malfunction in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Microsoft: I have a Surface laptop which has a battery charger that when plugged in does not work. In the past this has been an intermittent problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WalterMoak, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Charger malfunction

Microsoft:

I have a Surface laptop which has a battery charger that when plugged in does not work. In the past this has been an intermittent problem but yesterday it would not charge, no matter what I tried. I had been given the tip to reverse the plug and that would sometimes work but now that does not work either. HELP!!!

:)

WalterMoak, Mar 27, 2020
  2. eoweniel Win User

Charger malfunctioning? :/

Thing is, though... I really do not think it's due to the battery, since when looking at the charger cable, it's pretty obvious -it's- the one that's malfunctioning.

I suspect that it's getting hot -because- of the cable, and not the other way around... Or am I missing something?

eoweniel, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    NOT WINDOWS external charger

The model number of the phone is not really significant, it's just a quick way to find out the part number of the battery inside. The charger is designed for a specific battery number. If that is the number of your battery then the charger should work correctly, whether of not your phone is listed as a supported device.

4. bobkn Win User

Charger malfunction

bobkn, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Charger malfunction

1. Charger malfunction - Similar Threads - Charger malfunction

2. Computer Not Turning On. Charger Light Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Turning On. Charger Light Working.: HP Envy laptop. My computer screen randomly went black, but the power button was still lit. At the side of the keyboard, the charger light was on and white like normal but blinking. I turned the computer on and off, now the power button doesn’t light up at all. I took the...
  3. Computer Not Turning On. Charger Light Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Not Turning On. Charger Light Working.: HP Envy laptop. My computer screen randomly went black, but the power button was still lit. At the side of the keyboard, the charger light was on and white like normal but blinking. I turned the computer on and off, now the power button doesn’t light up at all. I took the...
  4. Laptop wont turn on with out the charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wont turn on with out the charger plugged in: I have ab ACER Nitro 15 laptop. I cant turn it on unless its plugged in. The battery still works because after it is turned on it can stay on even when unplugged. I used acer care center to check for battery health, it says that its ok. Please help thankyou....
  5. Laptop wont turn on with out the charger plugged in

Laptop wont turn on with out the charger plugged in: I have ab ACER Nitro 15 laptop. I cant turn it on unless its plugged in. The battery still works because after it is turned on it can stay on even when unplugged. I used acer care center to check for battery health, it says that its ok. Please help thankyou....
  6. Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger: Hey there!I charge my laptop to 100% and everytime I unplug the charger AC Adapter It instantly shuts down and when I turn it back on this error "CMOS checksum is invalid Error 502" thing appears on my screen before the laptop boots again to normal state. And the laptop won't...
  7. Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger

Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger: Hey there!I charge my laptop to 100% and everytime I unplug the charger AC Adapter It instantly shuts down and when I turn it back on this error "CMOS checksum is invalid Error 502" thing appears on my screen before the laptop boots again to normal state. And the laptop won't...
  8. Laptop shuts down even on 100% after removing charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...: I got this laptop before February it was refurbished, I plugged it in and waited 5 hours and at first it was charging very fast it was almost halfway charged and when I go to turn it on it suddenly said low battery and then I looked and seen that there was no battery icon at...
  10. My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...

My battery isn't detecting, it's not the charger it's not the charging port, it's plugged...: I got this laptop before February it was refurbished, I plugged it in and waited 5 hours and at first it was charging very fast it was almost halfway charged and when I go to turn it on it suddenly said low battery and then I looked and seen that there was no battery icon at...