Windows 10: charging acer spin windows 10

Discus and support charging acer spin windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For Acer Spin with windows 10 Some months ago we had an electrical storm here and after that my computer would only charge the battery for about 25... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rodney John, Dec 20, 2020.

1. charging acer spin windows 10

For Acer Spin with windows 10

Some months ago we had an electrical storm here and after that my computer would only charge the battery for about 25 seconds. Needless to say the battery gradually lost power down to 4% capacity and I was led to believe the battery was "Kaput". The computer continued to work perfectly otherwise on mains power.
    A few weeks ago I accidently shut the computer down , unplugged charger and then connected the charger again.
    After a good nights sleep I was surprised to find the computer full charged next morning
    I have had no more problems with charging since then if I do the same each time I use the computer.
    I cannot use the computer and charge the battery at the same time.
    Hoping this may be of some use to someone.

:)

Rodney John, Dec 20, 2020
  2. baskhara Win User

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Acer battery won't charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

charging acer spin windows 10 pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

FreeBooter, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

charging acer spin windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

charging acer spin windows 10

1. charging acer spin windows 10 - Similar Threads - charging acer spin

2. acer spin 3 touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    acer spin 3 touch screen: i have acer spin 3 laptop. the touch screen works totally fine using the stylus but doesn't totally work using fingers. i tried everything i've read here but none of it works. please help...
  3. acer spin 3 touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    acer spin 3 touch screen: i have acer spin 3 laptop. the touch screen works totally fine using the stylus but doesn't totally work using fingers. i tried everything i've read here but none of it works. please help...
  4. Acer Spin 3 Laptop Wifi Problem's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Spin 3 Laptop Wifi Problem's: I wanted to factory reset my Laptop to be able to give it away to a family member but when I did and was moving through the process of setting it back up for them I get to the Wifi portion of the set up only to see that it says the Wifi is turned off and needs to be turned...
  5. Acer Spin 1 I think is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Spin 1 I think is corrupted.: So I've had a Acer Spin 1 sitting around for over 2 years and files are missing of it and I can't get past the login screen or it will BSOD. It was missing Microsoft Edge, all my apps and files and also many other things. I don't know whether this is corruption or something...
  6. Acer Spin 1 I think is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Spin 1 I think is corrupted.: So I've had a Acer Spin 1 sitting around for over 2 years and files are missing of it and I can't get past the login screen or it will BSOD. It was missing Microsoft Edge, all my apps and files and also many other things. I don't know whether this is corruption or something...
  7. Acer laptop stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer laptop stuck on spinning dots: Hi, I have a acer laptop and when I start it the spinning dots appear for ever! I have tried to force shutdown my laptop 2-3 times and on the 3rd time 'Preparing automatic repair' and the spinning dots appear again and nothing happens after thatSpinning dots come again I have...
  8. Acer battery won't charge

in Windows 10 Support
    Acer battery won't charge: Hi, my laptop Acer E5-475G (the spec is in my profile) is currently having an issue. Last night I was organizing my files and document but I didn't realize that the battery indicator was blinking because the battery level was like 50% or 60%. I put the laptop to sleep when...
  9. Acer Aspire running Windows 10 freezes while charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Aspire running Windows 10 freezes while charging: Recently, I decided to run a Fresh Start on my laptop. It was running poorly and I needed to clean up all the trash in my SSD so I did just that. Upon regaining control over my PC again, I ran into an issue. My laptop has taken a liking to freezing when I leave it idle for...
  10. BlueScreen Acer Spin 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BlueScreen Acer Spin 1: Hi, i buy new notebook acer spin 1 with Windows 10. When link up broadband connections then displyed blue screen, but if i connected by normal wifi for exmaple hotspot everything is ok. please help. sorry for my english i from Poland ;) please the simplest answer. [ATTACH]...