Windows 10: Charging my computer

Discus and support Charging my computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer will not charge when turned on. While the charger is plugged in my computer displays the charging icon, but will not charge unless turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MoonlightBlvd, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Charging my computer

My computer will not charge when turned on. While the charger is plugged in my computer displays the charging icon, but will not charge unless turned on. The battery icon in the bottom left-hand corner has the charging symbol, but when I click on it says "Not charging". How do I fix this? Is it a problem with the charger, or my computer? Thanks!

:)

MoonlightBlvd, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Computer Not Charging

Hello,

If the battery is not getting detected by your PC, it could be damaged and needs to be repair or replace.

We need to investigate what causing this, for us to resolve the issue. Kindly provide us the information below.

• Where there any changes made on your PC prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

Meanwhile, we suggest you follow the steps to isolate the battery not charging issue.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and the click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Power and click on the Next
      button.

Let us know with the outcome.

Haidae Tam, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Charging my computer

Old HP computer...Will Vista install/run?

If it's not your own business here is my suggestion.

1) Tell him it's not viable and charge him $200
    2) Move up here to WI
    3) Start a business with me doing network installations
    4) We make enough money to take vacations to the Caribbean when we want.
    5) We send the people with computer problems to Geek Squad and still charge them for our "assessment" time.
    6) We have regular Board of Director meeting that involve copious amounts of beer and Prime Rib.
    7) Repeat steps 4 through 6 until we only have to do steps 4 and 6

Sound good? *Wink Charging my computer ;)

Kreij, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Charging my computer

1. Charging my computer - Similar Threads - Charging computer

2. My charger works but the computer wont turn on and the charging light wont turn on. It was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My charger works but the computer wont turn on and the charging light wont turn on. It was...: I just bought it a year ago, and it was doing well until now i’ve tried to plug in the charger and open it up because sometimes that works, I've tried holding the power button down, but nothing seems to work. Its is a HP ENVY x360 2n1 laptop 13...
  3. My charger works but the computer wont turn on and the charging light wont turn on. It was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My charger works but the computer wont turn on and the charging light wont turn on. It was...: I just bought it a year ago, and it was doing well until now i’ve tried to plug in the charger and open it up because sometimes that works, I've tried holding the power button down, but nothing seems to work. Its is a HP ENVY x360 2n1 laptop 13...
  4. My computer is having problems stay charging up. Only when the baterry is plug in the...

My computer is having problems stay charging up. Only when the baterry is plug in the...: My lap top is having problems staying charge up. Computer does not stay on only when you plug the battery cord in. Don't see the battery symbol on the bottom right screen to let you no when the computer is beening charge....
  5. My computer is having problems stay charging up. Only when the baterry is plug in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is having problems stay charging up. Only when the baterry is plug in the...: My lap top is having problems staying charge up. Computer does not stay on only when you plug the battery cord in. Don't see the battery symbol on the bottom right screen to let you no when the computer is beening charge....
  6. Why isnt my computer charging by USB-C?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isnt my computer charging by USB-C?: I left my phone charger at a friends house and had to charge my phone through my laptop via USB-C. The morning after I plugged in my laptop through the same USB-C there is only 1 and it will no longer charge. The cable works since I plugged in a different device and its...
  7. Why isnt my computer charging by USB-C?

Why isnt my computer charging by USB-C?: I left my phone charger at a friends house and had to charge my phone through my laptop via USB-C. The morning after I plugged in my laptop through the same USB-C there is only 1 and it will no longer charge. The cable works since I plugged in a different device and its...
  8. my 2nd computer which is HP computer won't charge over 80%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2nd computer which is HP computer won't charge over 80%: Battery Charge Stuck at 80%. I want it to be fully charged. I tried to restart the computer, plugged it in for a long time, same results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-2nd-computer-which-is-hp-computer-wont-charge/b639c912-b5a8-4cd5-8e2c-59aa51969bc6
  9. my 2nd computer which is HP computer won't charge over 80%

my 2nd computer which is HP computer won't charge over 80%: Battery Charge Stuck at 80%. I want it to be fully charged. I tried to restart the computer, plugged it in for a long time, same results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-2nd-computer-which-is-hp-computer-wont-charge/b639c912-b5a8-4cd5-8e2c-59aa51969bc6
  10. my computer has not been charging if though it says it is and has stayed at 0% for the past...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer has not been charging if though it says it is and has stayed at 0% for the past...: My computer's battery has remained at 0% and has not changed and I have tried several methods from other's past experiences such as: restarting my computer, disabling and uninstalling the battery drivers. My computer went through a battery update last week and has not been...