Windows 10: Charging problem after 20H2 update?

Discus and support Charging problem after 20H2 update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently I installed the 20H2 Update and I noticed that I started to stop charging as in my battery will stay on the same number, but somehow it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DXPOHIHIHI, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Charging problem after 20H2 update?

So recently I installed the 20H2 Update and I noticed that I started to stop charging as in my battery will stay on the same number, but somehow it reached down to 31 now and I knew that's when I knew its not charging. I changed my battery settings from better performance to best battery life and for some reason my laptop blacked out and shut down, I removed the ac charger then tried to boot up, it wasn't booting, then after that I reconnected the ac charger then it booted. There's a light coming out of the battery indicator though its flashing amber or orange repetitively. I tried various fix

:)

DXPOHIHIHI, Jul 25, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Charging problem after 20H2 update? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Charging stuck at 70%

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Charging problem after 20H2 update?

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Charging problem after 20H2 update?

1. Charging problem after 20H2 update? - Similar Threads - Charging problem 20H2

2. Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update: My laptop would not increase its battery charge level even when plugged in actually that's not 100% true, details below.When the laptop is plugged in, the battery charging icon in the task bar would show the charging animation for a short while and then the animation stops....
  3. Taskbar problems after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar problems after 20H2 update: After I installed the update 20H2 on my machine, I've been experiencing some issues with my taskbar.First, the search on the start menu no longer works, as well as on the search box.I was typing on the GIF above.Second, the new News and Interests panel doesn't show up upon...
  4. Problems after forced updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after forced updating to 20H2: After updating to 20H2 version my system is laggy and unstable. After some time my audio gets choppy and laggy and after some while longer or shorter it eventually gets to normal working. The most important thing is that it's more like a system problem because at the time...
  5. Problems after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after updating to 20H2: Hi all, I've been having many issues with my Windows account after updating to 20H2. Right after installing the update I noticed that Chrome was considerably slower (took a couple of seconds just to load the home screen), so I reversed the update to the last one. However,...
  6. Problems with the update of 20H2

Problems with the update of 20H2: I can't install Bitdefender because of a Windows problem. Is there any way to roll back to a version of Windows 10 before the update of 20H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-the-update-of-20h2/d02c12be-93cb-41ee-afb0-5577b7b7da8b
  7. Print problems after Windows 20H2 update

Print problems after Windows 20H2 update: I have a HP laserjet P1102w wireless printer which was printing fine before the update but now I cannot print at all even to PDF. I have a HP laserjet P1102w printer which worked fine wirelessly or with cable before the update yesterday but now I cannot print at all even to...
  8. Problems after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after installing 20H2: just installed 20H2 with an in-place upgrade plus the latest updates on 2 HP laptops (different models). I have had no problems with the 15bs234wm, but I have two on the 15da0053wm. It has a 1 TB WD PCIe/NVMe which I installed just after completing the upgrade/updates, which...
  9. Problems after update to 20H2

Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...
  10. Permanent problem after Windows 20H2 update

Permanent problem after Windows 20H2 update: So let me start from the beginning: I updated my PC (Windows 10 2004 before update, Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super) to 20H2 and after that my problems started: if i restart my computer icons won't load and some of the startup programs won't start. Sometimes it freezes...