Windows 10: charging problem

Discus and support charging problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my battery is not charging after reaching 60% if I charge full night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kishan RaoSreenadhuni, Jul 9, 2019.

1. charging problem

my battery is not charging after reaching 60% if I charge full night

:)

Kishan RaoSreenadhuni, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Erika Aro Win User

charging problems

Hi Lisa,

The charging capability of the device depends on the charger adapter, battery, and power settings. Hence, the laptop will not charge if one component fails to work. For us to know why it won't charge, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are there any error messages or return codes to explain the problem?
    • How old is your laptop?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Is this an ongoing event or a recent incident?
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's charging performance?

Additionally, you can run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the power settings. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana search bar and press
      Enter.
    • A window will open. Click View All in the left side pane of the window.
    • Click Power to run the troubleshooter.
    • Let it finish and check for the details of the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Erika Aro, Jul 9, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Graydrake Win User

charging problem

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

charging problem

1. charging problem - Similar Threads - charging problem

2. Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging): My Toshiba Satellite L55-B5271 laptop updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 (Home, 64) a couple of weeks ago. Like every other update, I had mild annoyances occur. Like before, I fixed lost settings, file associations, and the like, while ignoring anything less...
  3. Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging): My Toshiba Satellite L55-B5271 laptop updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 (Home, 64) a couple of weeks ago. Like every other update, I had mild annoyances occur. Like before, I fixed lost settings, file associations, and the like, while ignoring anything less...
  4. Charging problem

Charging problem: Hey guys! I need everyone's help. I have an Acer laptop that sometimes freezes when I plug in the power pack. Anyone with a permanent solution to this problem? The temporal solution is unplugging the laptop. Thanks....
  5. Charging Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging Problems: When charging my HP Stream laptop it heats up and will completely lock it self up while making this loud buzzing noise and the only way to get it to stop is to shutdown my laptop and reboot any fixes? sidenote I got a bluescreen when this happened and the stop code was as...
  6. Problem charging the battery

Problem charging the battery: when connect hp laptop charger to pc, start charging some minutes then stop charging >. This process is repeated as long as the charger is connected to the device. I removed the battery from the device and connected the charger and found that there was no problem with the...
  7. Laptop Charging Problem

Laptop Charging Problem: My Laptop do not get charged further when it reaches 79%. It shows connected with charger but displays "Not Charging". What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-charging-problem/03a80a81-fe35-438b-b355-970deb445aea
  8. 1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem.

1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem.: Also when I select phone icon in messenger I am given a dialogue box directing me to settings but nothing seems appropriate any suggestions...
  9. ENOUGH ! CHARGE PROBLEM WIN10 a.K.a BUG MACHINE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ENOUGH ! CHARGE PROBLEM WIN10 a.K.a BUG MACHINE: As other win10 users i hate this version of windows. It is a total BUG. Update center updates my OS without my permission and the result is A DEAD MACHINE. My computer works but then a update comes from microsoft. Even i declined the update, WINDOWS updated itself and know my...
  10. Laptop charging problem,

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop charging problem,: My HP laptop has been plugged in while im working. It has reached 78% but the battery icon at the bottom of the screen says "plugged in not charging" Can anyone help how I can charge to 100%...