Windows 10: charging problem

Discus and support charging problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my battery is not charging after reaching 60% if I charge full night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kishan RaoSreenadhuni, Jul 9, 2019.

1. charging problem

my battery is not charging after reaching 60% if I charge full night

:)

Kishan RaoSreenadhuni, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Erika Aro Win User

charging problems

Hi Lisa,

The charging capability of the device depends on the charger adapter, battery, and power settings. Hence, the laptop will not charge if one component fails to work. For us to know why it won't charge, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are there any error messages or return codes to explain the problem?
    • How old is your laptop?
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?
    • Is this an ongoing event or a recent incident?
    • Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's charging performance?

Additionally, you can run the Power troubleshooter to diagnose the power settings. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Cortana search bar and press
      Enter.
    • A window will open. Click View All in the left side pane of the window.
    • Click Power to run the troubleshooter.
    • Let it finish and check for the details of the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Erika Aro, Jul 9, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Graydrake Win User

charging problem

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

charging problem

1. charging problem - Similar Threads - charging problem

2. Charging Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charging Problem: HelloI have a strange problem with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44. My laptop's battery is in good situation and keeps charge for more than 6 hours. But a strange things are happening. sometimes when it gets fully charge up to 100%, it suddenly turns off. then I turn it on again,...
  3. Charging Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charging Problem: HelloI have a strange problem with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44. My laptop's battery is in good situation and keeps charge for more than 6 hours. But a strange things are happening. sometimes when it gets fully charge up to 100%, it suddenly turns off. then I turn it on again,...
  4. Charging Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop Charging Problems??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Charging Problems??: Heya folks, I'm having some strange issues that seem to revolve around the power supply or charing of my laptop. I'll do my best to explain this but please bear with me. These issues may have separate causes but at the same time may be related, hence why I'm including the...
  6. Laptop Charging Problems??

Laptop Charging Problems??: Heya folks, I'm having some strange issues that seem to revolve around the power supply or charing of my laptop. I'll do my best to explain this but please bear with me. These issues may have separate causes but at the same time may be related, hence why I'm including the...
  7. My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem: So I have a dell Vostro laptop, and I got a charger for it that's been working for sometime, but all of a sudden, it gave me this problem. Now if I wriggle my charger around, I can sometimes get it to charge, and that would suggest that my charger or charging port is...
  8. My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem

My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem: So I have a dell Vostro laptop, and I got a charger for it that's been working for sometime, but all of a sudden, it gave me this problem. Now if I wriggle my charger around, I can sometimes get it to charge, and that would suggest that my charger or charging port is...
  9. My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I'm having a problem with the irregular behaviour of the cursor on my laptop while charging

I'm having a problem with the irregular behaviour of the cursor on my laptop while charging: My laptop's cursor acts weird when its charging and external mouse doesn't work. it works totally fine when my laptop isn't plugged in. Drivers are updated as well.I usually use my laptop on a cooling pad, Should the trackpad be used while the laptop is on a flat surface? my...