Windows 10: Charging Problem

Discus and support Charging Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have this charging problem that just started yesterday. My laptop, an ASUS UX51VZ, would only charge when powered off. When on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeneS, Jun 10, 2016.

1. GeneS Win User

Charging Problem

Hello Everyone,

I have this charging problem that just started yesterday. My laptop, an ASUS UX51VZ, would only charge when powered off. When on, the power dialog from the taskbar when brought up would say something like "calculating," the charging light on the side of the laptop next to the power connector would be off. When I shutdown the laptop, the charging indicator would light up orange, indicating it was charging and when powered back up the battery was charged to 100% after about an hour. The problem also went away and my laptop was charging fine during operation yesterday, but today I have the same problem.

My laptop is about two years old, I replaced the battery about four months ago and did a refresh about three months ago. The power supply is the original power supply the laptop came with. All internet searches brought up nothing except speculation that the wrong charger was being used, well that certainly is not the case with my laptop. Help!

:)

GeneS, Jun 10, 2016

2. Charging problem

Thank you for the solution now my phone is working properly and i can use it while it's charging.

Aditya Alvari, Jun 10, 2016
  3. Sheena M. Win User
    Charging problem

Hi Aditya Alvari,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Please try all the steps in this article if your Windows Phone is not working properly:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606900

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., Jun 10, 2016
  4. GeneS Win User

Charging Problem

OK, I feel stupid. My power supply cable was frayed, a little splicing and the problem is solved!

GeneS, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Charging Problem

1. Charging Problem - Similar Threads - Charging Problem

2. Problems with Charging and Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Charging and Settings: I've had my PC for about 2 years now, and this problem started occurring in about 2018 April. Battery/Charger Issues: If I plug in my charger to my PC, it simply won't charge. I have to try all kinds of crazy tactics like shutting it down, plugging it in and out, and...
  3. charging problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    charging problem: my battery is not charging after reaching 60% if I charge full night https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-problem/48237b94-79dd-4a1b-8799-5fc7d94b6620
  4. Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging): My Toshiba Satellite L55-B5271 laptop updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 (Home, 64) a couple of weeks ago. Like every other update, I had mild annoyances occur. Like before, I fixed lost settings, file associations, and the like, while ignoring anything less...
  5. Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem - Battery Status: 0% available (plugged in, charging): My Toshiba Satellite L55-B5271 laptop updated to Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 (Home, 64) a couple of weeks ago. Like every other update, I had mild annoyances occur. Like before, I fixed lost settings, file associations, and the like, while ignoring anything less...
  6. Charging problem

Charging problem: Hey guys! I need everyone's help. I have an Acer laptop that sometimes freezes when I plug in the power pack. Anyone with a permanent solution to this problem? The temporal solution is unplugging the laptop. Thanks....
  7. Charging Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging Problems: When charging my HP Stream laptop it heats up and will completely lock it self up while making this loud buzzing noise and the only way to get it to stop is to shutdown my laptop and reboot any fixes? sidenote I got a bluescreen when this happened and the stop code was as...
  8. Problem charging the battery

Problem charging the battery: when connect hp laptop charger to pc, start charging some minutes then stop charging >. This process is repeated as long as the charger is connected to the device. I removed the battery from the device and connected the charger and found that there was no problem with the...
  9. Laptop Charging Problem

Laptop Charging Problem: My Laptop do not get charged further when it reaches 79%. It shows connected with charger but displays "Not Charging". What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-charging-problem/03a80a81-fe35-438b-b355-970deb445aea
  10. 1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem.

1. battery not charging .help apps dont work .Has anyone successfully fixed this problem.: Also when I select phone icon in messenger I am given a dialogue box directing me to settings but nothing seems appropriate any suggestions...