Windows 10: Charging Problem

Discus and support Charging Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have this charging problem that just started yesterday. My laptop, an ASUS UX51VZ, would only charge when powered off. When on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeneS, Jun 10, 2016.

1. GeneS Win User

Charging Problem

Hello Everyone,

I have this charging problem that just started yesterday. My laptop, an ASUS UX51VZ, would only charge when powered off. When on, the power dialog from the taskbar when brought up would say something like "calculating," the charging light on the side of the laptop next to the power connector would be off. When I shutdown the laptop, the charging indicator would light up orange, indicating it was charging and when powered back up the battery was charged to 100% after about an hour. The problem also went away and my laptop was charging fine during operation yesterday, but today I have the same problem.

My laptop is about two years old, I replaced the battery about four months ago and did a refresh about three months ago. The power supply is the original power supply the laptop came with. All internet searches brought up nothing except speculation that the wrong charger was being used, well that certainly is not the case with my laptop. Help!

:)

GeneS, Jun 10, 2016

2. Charging problem

Thank you for the solution now my phone is working properly and i can use it while it's charging.

Aditya Alvari, Jun 10, 2016
  3. Sheena M. Win User
    Charging problem

Hi Aditya Alvari,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Please try all the steps in this article if your Windows Phone is not working properly:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606900

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., Jun 10, 2016
  4. GeneS Win User

Charging Problem

OK, I feel stupid. My power supply cable was frayed, a little splicing and the problem is solved!

GeneS, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Charging Problem

1. Charging Problem - Similar Threads - Charging Problem

2. Charging problem in lenovo Yoga slim 6i

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charging problem in lenovo Yoga slim 6i: My pc does not charge when it is in hibernate mode. Please help me ! My pc is lenovo Yoga slim 6i and it has been one month since i purchased it. It works perfectly and charges fine but when i shutdown the laptop, it does not charge not even a single percent...
  3. Charging problem in lenovo Yoga slim 6i

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Charging problem in lenovo Yoga slim 6i: My pc does not charge when it is in hibernate mode. Please help me ! My pc is lenovo Yoga slim 6i and it has been one month since i purchased it. It works perfectly and charges fine but when i shutdown the laptop, it does not charge not even a single percent...
  4. Charging Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Charging Problem: HelloI have a strange problem with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44. My laptop's battery is in good situation and keeps charge for more than 6 hours. But a strange things are happening. sometimes when it gets fully charge up to 100%, it suddenly turns off. then I turn it on again,...
  5. Charging Problem

Charging Problem: HelloI have a strange problem with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44. My laptop's battery is in good situation and keeps charge for more than 6 hours. But a strange things are happening. sometimes when it gets fully charge up to 100%, it suddenly turns off. then I turn it on again,...
  6. Charging Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop Charging Problems??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Charging Problems??: Heya folks, I'm having some strange issues that seem to revolve around the power supply or charing of my laptop. I'll do my best to explain this but please bear with me. These issues may have separate causes but at the same time may be related, hence why I'm including the...
  8. Laptop Charging Problems??

Laptop Charging Problems??: Heya folks, I'm having some strange issues that seem to revolve around the power supply or charing of my laptop. I'll do my best to explain this but please bear with me. These issues may have separate causes but at the same time may be related, hence why I'm including the...
  9. My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem: So I have a dell Vostro laptop, and I got a charger for it that's been working for sometime, but all of a sudden, it gave me this problem. Now if I wriggle my charger around, I can sometimes get it to charge, and that would suggest that my charger or charging port is...
  10. My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem

My laptop says Plugged in but it doesn't charge. But there is also a twist to my problem: So I have a dell Vostro laptop, and I got a charger for it that's been working for sometime, but all of a sudden, it gave me this problem. Now if I wriggle my charger around, I can sometimes get it to charge, and that would suggest that my charger or charging port is...