Windows 10: Charity: Best OS for

Discus and support Charity: Best OS for in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Our company wants to send a few old laptops to Kenya for Charity and we wanted to know what Microsoft OS would be best? Preferably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdemAkbayrak, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Charity: Best OS for

Hello everyone!

Our company wants to send a few old laptops to Kenya for Charity and we wanted to know what Microsoft OS would be best? Preferably Windows 10! < what upgrades would be needed to update this. (Planning to buy SSD and bigger Ram)

DELL Latitude D620 Laptop Core Solo Windows XP 1.667 GHz 500 GB HD 1 GB Ram

the question is in two parts, 1- Would this machine accept Microsoft 10 or what requirements would be needed to upgrade to make sure it works for the laptop for a few years.

This is for charity!

Thanks again for your input

Kind regards,

MS community member

:)

AdemAkbayrak, Sep 10, 2019
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Sep 10, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Charity: Best OS for

How do I change the OS?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check in the system configuration if the OS is detected.

Follow the steps to check.

• Type in the search bar “System configuration”.
    • Click on the boot option.

Check if the OS is detected in the boot option.

Please provide us with the above information to help you better.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Charity: Best OS for

1. Charity: Best OS for - Similar Threads - Charity Best

2. Logging into Windows with a O365 account Charity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into Windows with a O365 account Charity: Have a Windows 11 Home edition laptop that i am tyring to log in to with an E2 O365 not for profit ID. The 365 account works fine with web apps etc. However unable to log into laptop with this ID says account is not a Microsfot account when trying to create a new account on...
  3. Logging into Windows with a O365 account Charity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into Windows with a O365 account Charity: Have a Windows 11 Home edition laptop that i am tyring to log in to with an E2 O365 not for profit ID. The 365 account works fine with web apps etc. However unable to log into laptop with this ID says account is not a Microsfot account when trying to create a new account on...
  4. What about charities who don't have the funding to upgrade their devices for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What about charities who don't have the funding to upgrade their devices for Windows 11?: I work for a charity, running a Job Club helping those who are more marginalised into, or back into the workplace.We have had 9 laptops donated to us over the last 2 years, for customer use during our sessions replacing our old Windows 7 devices with new Windows 10...
  5. What about charities who don't have the funding to upgrade their devices for Windows 11?

What about charities who don't have the funding to upgrade their devices for Windows 11?: I work for a charity, running a Job Club helping those who are more marginalised into, or back into the workplace.We have had 9 laptops donated to us over the last 2 years, for customer use during our sessions replacing our old Windows 7 devices with new Windows 10...
  6. Donating old spare PC to Charity: Q: Best way to ensure deleted financial files can't be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Donating old spare PC to Charity: Q: Best way to ensure deleted financial files can't be...: After Christmas, I'm thinking of donating an old spare PC to Charity. What's the best way to ensure 'deleted' sensitive financial, health files etc., can't be recovered with a Utility Suspect it's not enough to just Empty the Waste Bin? On Youtube, I saw an ad for a...
  7. Donating old spare PC to Charity: Q: Best way to ensure deleted financial files can't be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Donating old spare PC to Charity: Q: Best way to ensure deleted financial files can't be...: After Christmas, I'm thinking of donating an old spare PC to Charity. What's the best way to ensure 'deleted' sensitive financial, health files etc., can't be recovered with a Utility Suspect it's not enough to just Empty the Waste Bin. On Youtube, I saw an ad for a...
  8. Donating old spare PC to Charity: Q: Best way to ensure deleted financial files can't be...

Donating old spare PC to Charity: Q: Best way to ensure deleted financial files can't be...: After Christmas, I'm thinking of donating an old spare PC to Charity. What's the best way to ensure 'deleted' sensitive financial, health files etc., can't be recovered with a Utility Suspect it's not enough to just Empty the Waste Bin. On Youtube, I saw an ad for a...
  9. Donating a Win 10 Box to a Charity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Donating a Win 10 Box to a Charity: Hi All,I'm going to donate a computer to a Opportunity Shop-charity with legit Win 10 & Office 2019. I have the Product Keys, dymo-taped onto the inside of the box.These are linked to my Microsoft account.I'm doing this because my Win 10 box ISN'T upgradable to Win 11, so I...
  10. Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a user within a charity organisation and user on a domain?: I have started working for a charity as an IT volunteer. I have been given a laptop to use. It has 2 users available these being the OldUser and an admin account that just logs onto the PC but has full administrator rights. The charity is on an internal domain lets call it...