Charms Bar is in Windows 10, but it will change

Discus and support Charms Bar is in Windows 10, but it will change in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has announced today that the upcoming Windows 10 will include a different iteration of the Charms bar, hopefully one that will still benefit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more...

:)

Brink, Sep 29, 2014
  2. patrickmorris1990 Win User

Is it possible to get the Charms bar back in Windows 10?

I use tablet with 8.1 and find the charms bar really useful.

Easy to quickly play something to devices (Xbox), to print or projector, share and even get to settings easily.

If win 10 has an easy way to do these things then great, if not then its a step back for tablet users.

Also, I'm quite happy with 8.1 on my laptop too (needs a start menu that's all.

Saying that win 10 is awesome on desktop.

patrickmorris1990, Sep 29, 2014
  3. JudaZ Win User
    Is it possible to get the Charms bar back in Windows 10?

Is it possible to turn of the Activity field in Windows 10 and replace it with the much more useful Charms bar?

Is it at least an option to turn on the charms bar for a more effective use of the computer, or are you ignoring all people that actually like Windows 8, and ignoring tablet users with windows 10 ?

On a tablet specially the Charms bar is really useful, I cant use Windows without it on a 8" tablet.

It is a great tool, just because some don't understand it or don't use it does not mean all agree. I use it all the time

JudaZ, Sep 29, 2014
  4. Tony K Win User

I continue to think they will place the Charms items on the slide/drop down apps bar at the top, but somehow have to incorporate it into the Win32 apps menu bar. Would that then be app specific though?

Tony K, Sep 29, 2014
Thema:

1. Charms Bar is in Windows 10, but it will change - Similar Threads - Charms Bar change

2. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018: I updated to a new PC this summer. My old one was 32 bit and my new one is 64. I have the latest updates installed. Ever since changing over, the snooze feature does not work in the Calendar app. The reminder appears and if I snooze it for any length of time, it never shows...
  4. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.: Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things...
  5. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...
  6. Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10)

Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10): I recently replaced my dead m.2 ssd with a Samsung 860 evo 1tb and since then I have gotten the error code 0x80080005 when trying to update/download anything from windows. Even after multiple ssd formats and clean installs the error code persists which is pretty strange. I...
  7. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic: My company is using Windows 10 workstations for print servers and are constantly receiving Windows 10 updates. We are finding that after remotely or in person, logging into the workstation as Administrator, Windows 10 Enterprise will start doing an update. In some cases we...
  8. Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors: I recently installed Windows 10 on an older EarthWalk Lap15EW12 and right after that i noticed in device manager that multiple devices were giving Code 12s and were not usable. Here are the devices listed 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Broadcom 802.11G Wireless...
  9. Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10

Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10: This question has been asked for over 4 years and there is still no permanent solution from Microsoft. Re-launching google chrome can solve the issue, but it comes back soon. Uninstall/re-install google chrome also works, but the issue comes back. Turning off hardware...
  10. Win 10 blue screen driver crash

Win 10 blue screen driver crash: I am having this problem for around 3 months and there is no actual persistence of the problem. While I play, exactly when I am shutting down the PC or when I start it up a blue screen appears with the sad windows face :( . I do use my PC on a daily basis and the problem...