Windows 10: chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers

Discus and support chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a chat headset plugged into my wireless Xbox One controller. With Steam and Windows settings, how can I have game chat go to the headset while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by XERXESII, May 4, 2016.

1. XERXESII Win User

chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers

I have a chat headset plugged into my wireless Xbox One controller. With Steam and Windows settings, how can I have game chat go to the headset while game audio goes to speakers?

:)

XERXESII, May 4, 2016

2. Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

When I play games I like the voice chat to go through my Razer Kraken headset and the actual game sound come through my speakers. This has worked fine ever since I bought the headset. Now for some reason the voice chat audio comes through the speakers and
    not the headset. I have defaulted the communication device to the headset in the playback devices but the sound still goes through the speakers. I've updated all drivers and re-booted the computer. I dont know why it all the sudden no longer works like it
    used to. Please help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SamuelWright88, May 4, 2016
  3. Blastbury Win User
    Headset With Game Streaming?

I bought a Logitech g930 headset the other day and was hoping I could use it with my game streaming instead of the Xbox One headset. Is it possible? I am streaming my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC. The audio works fine but the
    mic does not. Neither game chat nor party chat pick up on my mic.

The settings for recording, playback, sound, etc are all correct. The only place the mic doesn't work is in game streaming.

Thanks!

Blastbury, May 4, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

'normally' , for that sort of thing , IF it shows up as an audio device under 'playback devices', you make your game speakers the 'default' device and your headset the 'default communications device'.

Depends if the chat headset shows up in the list though.

Wullail, May 4, 2016
  5. XERXESII Win User
    On the playback tab, I already have the speakers set as default device and the headset set as default communications device.

XERXESII, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers - Similar Threads - chat headset chat

2. Party chat to game chat toggle??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Party chat to game chat toggle??: I’m switching from Xbox to pc and on the Xbox while playing halo infinite you can go to the party and hit the select button to toggle between party chat and game chat. Is there not anything equivalent to that in the Xbox game bar? I’ve searched and searched for a way to do...
  3. Party chat to game chat toggle??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Party chat to game chat toggle??: I’m switching from Xbox to pc and on the Xbox while playing halo infinite you can go to the party and hit the select button to toggle between party chat and game chat. Is there not anything equivalent to that in the Xbox game bar? I’ve searched and searched for a way to do...
  4. Xbox Party Chat Through Headset On PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Party Chat Through Headset On PC: I'm having troubles using my Xbox app on my PC with trying to get the party chat to come through my headset. Whenever I'm in game chat it works fine I hear my teammates/opponents through my headset. But when it comes to Xbox Party Chat... The audio goes to the laptop speakers...
  5. aol games chat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    aol games chat: how do i get my aol games chat back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-games-chat/7e5065dc-9852-4847-8f72-7ec6133b0d92
  6. Xbox Chat coming through tv

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Chat coming through tv: Sometimes chat audio comes through my tv speakers and other times it comes through my headset. Game audio comes from the the tv or headset correctly depending on which is selected. submitted by /u/Rockinthislife [link] [comments]...
  7. In game chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In game chat: I haven't had access to in-game chat like ever since I got my laptop in 2015 I've tried in Fortnite back when I played that I've tried in GTA 5 where I could type chat but can't talk to my friends in-game and now most annoyingly I can't talk or type in in-game chat on modern...
  8. Game bar win10 party chat audio doesnt go through my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game bar win10 party chat audio doesnt go through my headset: All of my game bar sound like notifications goes thru my headset but party chat doesnt. Why? I fixed it once but i had no idea what i did....
  9. The Party Chat is playing through my speakers and everything else is playing through my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Party Chat is playing through my speakers and everything else is playing through my...: I have done nothing prior to this. I joined a discord call and it is working fine. As far as I know, it's just a problem with Xbox not detecting my headphones. Here's the weird part, some widgets from Xbox work fine. Like when I was watching my gallery of game clips, it...
  10. Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t hear party chat through speakers on the Xbox PC app: It’s odd because I can hear them when I connect my Oculus but when I switch it to my laptop speakers, I am unable to hear them. submitted by /u/SkytheWitcher [link] [comments]...