Windows 10: Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

Discus and support Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I report this to their supervisors, and get the support I need?The only support channel found is Chat. I have waited in line for hours,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dept_of_One, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

How do I report this to their supervisors, and get the support I need?The only support channel found is Chat. I have waited in line for hours, described my situation, passed to 4 separate support staff, and finally dropped.A second attempt takes me back to the exact same dead chat window. The following day I wait again for hours, the tech say please wait while I transfer you, estimated time is 10 minutes....... An hour and a half later, I disconnect because of zero response. Again, reconnecting takes me to the same dead chat window.... I cant get a response, I cant close the ti

:)

Dept_of_One, Jan 16, 2022

2. Tech support on hold for 8 hours over three days.

Tech support on hold for 8 hours over three days! 1-800-642-7676. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joe

jdelaney77, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Tech support on hold for 8 hours over three days.

Hi,

Thanks for responding. The issue is that Microsoft tech support took over my pc remotely and a problem occurred. Now no one answers the phone.

Tech support on hold for 8 hours over three days! 1-800-642-7676. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joe

P.S. There must be an explanation for the incredible delays.

jdelaney77, Jan 16, 2022
  4. xenst Win User

Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

Chat Support decimated my Windows 10 with 'In Place' etc

Hi, firstly I like Microsoft, Bill Gates, and regularly buy Microsoft products.

However a number of online 'chat' support operators (from the same office) performed extremely incompetently and negligibly.. I assume if people high up the chain in Microsoft knew about this apparent systematic negligence by literally incompetent operators,
    then procedures would seriously change and people would (hopefully) get reprimanded.

1) I purchased a 1st gen Microsoft "Wireless Display Adaptor" which would repeatedly disconnect the display, multiple times every day, and would also repeatedly glitch when playing video files and even while WMP was playing mp3s (even with no visualisations
    active etc.)

2) Followed all steps on troubleshooter for WDA, as well as Microsoft forum posts eg: suggesting testing on WiFi bands 1, 6, 11 etc.

3) Contacted Microsoft support via the online chat application. Great incompetence ensued for many hours:

4) After checking the above steps had been taken, I was told that "in place" reinstall was the only option. I thought it was the common lazy "reinstall windows" line and was very reluctant, I discussed that (as this is my personal work computer) I did
    not want to risk messing windows up
    , because the OS seemed to be running perfectly on the whole and I had a lot of sensitive and important online work going through this computer; I'm highly reliant on my computer for work. But I was told it was safe..
    I was busy working that afternoon (designing a client a website with a limited deadline) but took the evening off after (A) persistent recommendation that this was the "last resort", and (B) I would "definitely" (sic) be given the
    more efficient 2nd generation Microsoft WDA if the 'in place' did not solve the problem.

5) After hours downloading and performing the 'in place' I then had a lot of trouble trying to connect to the internet to follow up with the operator.. Also window was slow, intermittently freezing. This was not the case before!

6) I contacted again and received a very incompetent operator. Hours ensued with almost nothing done. Nothing no intelligent problem solving was suggested or achieved. (Yes it seems unbelievable.. I was stunned that this was official Microsoft chat.. I asked
    repeatedly what company they were from so I could report them to Microsoft for discipline and because I believed Microsoft would take such regular incompetence with peoples important equipment very seriously.. However the chat operator refused to
    give the company name).

7) I was even convinced (again after heavy reluctance due to obviously illogical and unhelpful / incompetent suggestions for hours) to allow the chat operator remote access to my laptop.. I was repeatedly told many times over a considerable time
    during the conversation that it was a good idea and they'd likely find a solution! I finally agreed further incompetence ensued! I could see what they were doing.. almost nothing! Basically these 'advanced techniques' that they'd been wasting my time with
    involved checking my version of windows! Then a few seconds of absolutely aimless clicking around.. they didn't have a clue.. it was like I was having my time wasted for a training session.. It was like a 10 year old had access to my compute, but with less
    problem solving ability. Nothing intelligent was done.. waste of time (chat op could have asked for my windows version! Did not need a long discussion repeatedly telling me the needed remote access!

8) In total about 8 hours (3pm to 11pm approx) of my important work time was wasted with misinformation.. and worse..

9) The chat staff had reneged on the promise to replace my Microsoft WDA with V2 WDA!

10) Yet worse.. after the 'in place' which I'd argued against but convinced was a last resort.. my computer has been clunky, prone to repeated freezes, and repeatedly cuts out from the internet..

11) Hundreds of errors (OS components, network adaptor, critical elements), appeared in the event log from and consistently after the 3rd of the month! Guess when then 'in place' was? The 3rd.

Finally) I was chatting with aforementioned chat op during the remote access session.. and it was painfully clear to both that they were behaving incompetently and had waste many hours of my time via chatting aimlessly and misinformation...

During the chat we'd discussed reporting to Microsoft management, I asked again for a logs and had been told they didn't provide chat logs, and they knew I had copy pasted sections of previous logs to combat further misinformation and lies about contents
    of previous discussions. They were very aware I was going to report the repeated lies and incompetent time wasting to someone with powers in Microsoft who would require them to clean up their act or retrain / remove staff, or highlight bad management of the
    company service. They knew from the current conversation that when I asked for a log and they said no I'd copy the text from the chat to send to a manager in Microsoft ..

I then highlighted the incompetent chat text to add to my notepad then, negligently: during remote access they used my OS to rapidly close the 'chat' window seconds before I hit ctrl + C to copy the selected text. Right when I was
    saying I needed the log to send to MS they actively prevented me from creating my own copy by
    remotely closing the chat window via my PC as I was selecting the text!!

What's even worse, the supervisor was the one controlling the remote, apparently a manager in the company! I'd been discussing the bad management and incompetence and that I'd report the company to Microsoft and provide the logs as proof, they knew that
    I'd copied previous logs from the chat app and actively close the app via remote.. I still can't believe it to this day!! After 8 hours of incompetence.

Current symptoms: Network adaptor failing, windows failing (slowing / freezing), internet failing repeatedly (ISP says line and telecom exchange connection has been tested as good), countless [hundreds of] errors in Event Log. WDA still failing.

Question 1) Is there a way to recover those logs? They have them, but I hear it's policy that they don't provide them (probably to hide systematic incompetence from MS who pay them!) I'm from UK.. can i make a data protection request for that log info?

Question 2) My WDA doesn't work properly. In UK we have laws stating that the product must perform the expected function for a reasonable amount of time. More importantly I was promised one from an aforemention Microsoft chat op if I
    went for the 'in place' and it didn't solve the WDA issue.

Question 3) The 'In Place' didn't solve the issue it decimated my windows, my work computer. Since the 'In Place' The event log is filled with hundreds of errors many of them severe. What's the best way forward? Shall I paste the event log?

As stated initially.. I like Microsoft as a company, I also respect Bill Gates and think he's a great person. Many hate MS but I don't.

What I am very unhappy about is the 8 hours of nonsense and lies that a specific 'chat support' office [a contracted call centre? Surely not a MS call centre?] have put me through on false pretences.

I wish I never contacted them, I told them their moves were a bad idea but was ground down over into accepting them as 'last resort' (that being a lie in itself) with false promises of a v2 WDA replacement if it failed. Before I had a good OS (Windows 10)..
    now it's broken.

My time wasted, I've been lied to, damaged OS now, I still have no promised WDA replacement, Event log displaying countless critical errors. This is my work compute I want my OS back please.

If that can be solved great. If that incompetent, negligent chat 'support' company loses the MS contract, even better! Microsoft customers expect competence as a minimum! I've regularly sung the praises of MS in the past.. I wish MS every success in cleaning
    up it's chat support contracts! Some are causing far more harm than they solve! [Event log available]

Important: Will Microsoft fulfil the promise at the root all of this trouble?

A v2 WDA.. I'd happily mail the one I have.

Many thanks, a lot of issues here.. in a nutshell:

• Need windows repaired after 'in place'
    • Would like promised v2 Microsoft WDA

Kind regards,

Tris

xenst, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

1. Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days. - Similar Threads - Chat support places

2. Hours in Live Chat Queue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hours in Live Chat Queue: I have spent 3 hours in the Live Chat queue. I started with 60 people ahead of me. It got down to 2 ahead of me and has been stuck there for 45 minutes. What is up? Is this just typical **** Microsoft support or have I been dumped out the queue somehow? How can I tell without...
  3. Need chat support to help me remove multiple duplicate files & folders in each...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need chat support to help me remove multiple duplicate files & folders in each...: My system has developed a problem of Mutiple copies of all formats of files & folders. Don't know what to do. Request removal of One drive as it's symbol is there on each files & folder in all drive's. Kindly provide chat support....
  4. Need chat support to help me remove multiple duplicate files & folders in each...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need chat support to help me remove multiple duplicate files & folders in each...: My system has developed a problem of Mutiple copies of all formats of files & folders. Don't know what to do. Request removal of One drive as it's symbol is there on each files & folder in all drive's. Kindly provide chat support....
  5. support chat stuck to an old chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  6. support chat stuck to an old chat

support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  7. Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.: How do I report this to their supervisors, and get the support I need?The only support channel found is Chat. I have waited in line for hours, described my situation, passed to 4 separate support staff, and finally dropped.A second attempt takes me back to the exact same dead...
  8. Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.: How do I report this to their supervisors, and get the support I need?The only support channel found is Chat. I have waited in line for hours, described my situation, passed to 4 separate support staff, and finally dropped.A second attempt takes me back to the exact same dead...
  9. On hold for 3+ hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On hold for 3+ hours: The latest Windows 10 update will not detect my laptop's internal speakers, so I have no audio. Went through 2 tech people and have now been on hold for over 3 hours [ATTACH]...
  10. Been on Hold for an hour and need support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Been on Hold for an hour and need support.: So I have been having an issue with activating my Windows 10 Pro Key as I had previously activated it on my machine but then due to a hardware fault I had to have all of my hardware recently purchased replaced under warranty, when I tried to activate windows again it said the...