Windows 10: cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

Discus and support cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so i bought this cheap Bluetooth dongle and it shows up as an usb 2.0 audio device. it didnt come with the driver cd what should i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidGogodze, Jun 9, 2023.

1. cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

so i bought this cheap Bluetooth dongle and it shows up as an usb 2.0 audio device. it didnt come with the driver cd what should i do?

:)

DavidGogodze, Jun 9, 2023

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Bluetooth dongle audio only ? how to test?

I recently got a bluetooth dongle which refuses to connect to anything like a phone or a game controller.
    Phone sees PC, and PC sort of sees phone calls it a communications device, (it is an S8), but fails to connect always.
    One time it sent a pairing number but it failed. Seller refunded me the $3 I paid.

But I did find if I have my 2 laptops next to each other, one with builtin bluetooth, other with this usb dongle, the pc can pair with a sent number and connect fast.

Then the laptops are listed as an audio device. Does that mean it is an audio only dongle? Seems kinda stupid to waste a ver 5.0 designing it only for audio?

Is there a way to test it with audio?
    If I try to send a file, it fails.
    The laptop with built-in bluetooth works fine with phone and game controller and can send files to phone etc...

sdowney717, Jun 9, 2023
  4. mlee49 Win User

cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

mlee49, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

1. cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device - Similar Threads - cheap Bluetooth dongle

2. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  3. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  4. cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device: so I bought this cheap Bluetooth dongleand it shows up as a USB 2.0 audio device. it didn't come with the driver's cd what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cheap-bluetooth-dongle-shows-up-as-an-audio-device/84696801-b973-4092-8f79-6592ce541ba6
  5. PS4 controller acting as a bluetooth device and showing up as a audio device in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 controller acting as a bluetooth device and showing up as a audio device in the...: Hi,I started having some controller driver issues and tried to fix them, however now the controller connects as a audio device in the Bluetooth settings:but also shows up in the control panel as a wireless controller and i don't know how to fix it as it no longer works or...
  6. Bluetooth audio through dongle Sucks

Bluetooth audio through dongle Sucks: So im running windwos 10 pro 21H1 newest drivers, everything on my PC is updated. However My Board does not support Bluetooth so to be able to use a bluetooth headset i have to use a third party software to use bluetooth, so heres the issue, if I connect my wireless hedphones...
  7. Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?

Bluetooth headphones don't show up as audio device?: I'm using a pair of Bose headphones. The bluetooth connected, I think, so it shows up as paired but in the "other devices" section, and I can't figure out how to route audio output to it....
  8. Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio

Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio: Hi there! So i have recently connected my Sony WH-XB900N Headset to my laptop and it connected as a headphone, meaning that the mic that I was still using was my laptop mic. I was tinkering around with the settings by updating drivers and deleting the headset and trying...
  9. Bluetooth audio showing up as line

Bluetooth audio showing up as line: Hello, with Windows 2004 update I am finally able to connect my smart TV and smartphone audio to my laptop via Bluetooth using the Bluetooth Audio Receiver app, but I still don't get any audio. The Bluetooth connections show up in Recordings tab as Line. Maybe I am missing...
  10. Bluetooth headphone audio stutters on Windows 10 with cheap CSR USB Bluetooth dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphone audio stutters on Windows 10 with cheap CSR USB Bluetooth dongle: I wanted to use my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones with a Windows 10 desktop which doesn't have built-in Bluetooth. I got a very cheap generic USB Bluetooth dongle from AliExpress that looks like this. I was able to connect the headphones, but I'm having a problem where the audio...