Windows 10: Cheap Laptop for studies

Discus and support Cheap Laptop for studies in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, so I am currently in the market for a new laptop. Could someone help me with figuring out what specs and/or models i should look into? I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sisrace, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Sisrace Win User

Cheap Laptop for studies

Hi, so I am currently in the market for a new laptop. Could someone help me with figuring out what specs and/or models i should look into?
    I will mainly use this laptop for taking notes and browsing the web (heavy web usage, aka games, while youtube and 2 mail tabs and 3 or more document tabs are open.) This while spotify and other apps are running in the background.
    This means im aiming for a more powerful CPU and atleast 8GB of ram.

Size; 13-15.6 no exceptions
    Cpu: ?
    Ram: DDR3 or 8GB (I have 8GB of corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram)
    Gpu: Dedicated gpu wouldnt hurt
    HDD/SSD: dont care! I will put my 250GB 850evo ssd in it either way! (unless it also has a m.2 slot)
    Screen: Would like a 1080P display on 15.6", smaller size; dont know.
    Speakers: Meh, its a bonus
    Keyboard: Backlit would be great, numberpad is not required, but would be nice.
    Battery: I have access to power almost all the time, but its quite annoying to carry a cord all the time. 5h+ would be a +
    Weight: Currently my laptop is 2.6kg, its ok, but its almost too much
    Build quality: Price over looks here, really doesen't matter...
    Op: Windows 10 ._.
    a VGA port is a bonus actually.. (projectors for school)

Budget: I could buy a laptop for $1000 (i5 6300HQ, gtx 960m), but i really don't want to go over $600...

Remember, this laptop will have to be substantially better than my current laptop (HP pavilion G6 2111so), it has a great monitor (glossy), Specs: 1366x768, A8-4500m, HD 7670m, 8GB ram (upgraded), 250GB ssd (upgraded), 2-3h battery life working, 30m-1h gaming. weighs about 3KG. 3.5cm thick.

A bonus for this laptop would also be casual gaming, 40+ fps for most modern games at low to medium settings.
    I will be editing photos and rendering/editing videos on it. (not often though)

This is a lot of demands and text. Sorry for that.

If I really have to spend a ton of money on it I am looking for laptops like theese: HP Pavilion Gaming 15 (i5 6300HQ, 950m) or Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 (i5 6300HQ, 960m) But again, this is currently money im not to happy too spend.

Should i otherwise just wait until the 10 series nvidia cards for laptops launches? Or is a laptop with intel graphics good enough?

:)

Sisrace, Jun 18, 2016

2. Powercfg /sleepstudy report shows "Unknown [NONE]" appid which consumes more power

hi SundarPR

I see Unknown appid exactly when my laptop automatically return from sleep(sometimes is connected to charger and sometimes isn't ). every time laptop return auto from sleep , I see this Unknown appid in sleep study but if I manual return laptop
    from sleep , sleep study didn't show me Unknown appid .

my laptop is asus ux501vw

thanks

Mohsen20247, Jun 18, 2016
  3. Optum/PM/EMR Case Studies for Medical Assisting

1. Could you access the site with Windows 8.1?

2. What specific problem are you having?

3. Does the page display?

4. Are you unable to sign-in?

5. Are you trying to access the site with the Edge browser or Internet Explorer?

If using Edge, click Settings (3 dots in the upper right) and try

"Open with Internet Explorer"

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 18, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Cheap Laptop for studies

Look at the refurbished units on Newegg. If you are looking for long battery life, look at the Macbook line.

bro67, Jun 19, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Upon purchasing your new laptop, comprise and routinely make backups of your OS and data partition using hardware and software you already own, or what you're comfortable with, and/or what you trust for backups and restores. Personally, I use two usb ext HDs and Macrium Reflect for each computer I have.

RolandJS, Jun 19, 2016
  6. Sisrace Win User
    I will check it out, i just hope newegg ships to sweden :S.
    For battery life im not aiming for a world record, and buying a macbook would give me a great laptop for the money, but its not the best performance per dollar and I will instantly go over my desired price.

Sisrace, Jun 19, 2016
  7. Sisrace Win User
    Most of my important data is stored on my main pc with the file usually on both my ssd and backup harddrive. My work is stored on my google drive from school where i have "unlimited" storage as long as the files are under 5 or 10 terrabytes each.. Macrium reflect is an awesome tool that saved helped my a ton with upgrading to my laptop ssd

Sisrace, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cheap Laptop for studies

1. Cheap Laptop for studies - Similar Threads - Cheap Laptop studies

2. cheap Mac Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cheap Mac Windows?: As a long-time Mac user I have been toying for decades with the idea of buying Windows for my Mac. I have not yet, because nearly every useful application has its Mac equivalent. But once or twice I have run into a situation in which it might have been convenient to have...
  3. Looking for cheap laptop for media/work

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for cheap laptop for media/work: Hi Can anyone recommend a decent laptop. Will be used for work/browsing, not for gaming. Direct links would be great. Price range 70 - 400. Staying away from pentiums/celeron. Thanks. 183141
  4. Gaming/Study Modes In Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming/Study Modes In Windows: Hi !I Want to know how to create mode in windows for Gaming and for study as for first 5 hours a day i have to attend classes then for next 2 hours for gaming. i need gaming mode because my school uses MS Teams With integration with MS Edge but i use Opera GX while gaming i...
  5. Touch laptop for Studying

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch laptop for Studying: Can anyone suggest the best touch laptops under $500?????Because i am 13years old and i want a touch laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-laptop-for-studying/e697221f-6d06-49a7-9182-d90f5fed72f2
  6. Cheap printer/ink

in Windows 10 Support
    Cheap printer/ink: hi, can anybody suggest a cheap printer with available cheap ink, my old printer costs a fortune for ink! regards, 173334
  7. Sleep Study not showing % of battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Study not showing % of battery: Hello! Does anybody know why the powercfg sleep study does not display any of the % of battery? Here's how it looks like: [ATTACH] The report was generated with powercfg /SleepStudy /output "C:\sleep_report.html". I'm running a brand-new ThinkPad T14s / AMD Ryzen 7 and I...
  8. Studying for md-101

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Studying for md-101: Hello, I am sorry if this is not the correct group to ask this question. I am currently studying for the md-101 certification test and I would like to know what is the best and more economical way to gain real experience deploying systems using Intune , autopilot and other...
  9. Buy a laptop with Windows 10 and Windows 10 cheap?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Buy a laptop with Windows 10 and Windows 10 cheap?: So I get a laptop from Mediamarkt and wanted to ask if 1. Windows 10 is already included and 2. if not, does anyone know a reputable site or link where you can get Windows 10 Home or Pro for under 20 € ? Laptop mit Windows 10 und Windows 10 günstig kaufen?
  10. Experience on cheap tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    Experience on cheap tablet: I just got a cheap cheap 8 inch tablet that was sold off for 50 EUR (about 55$) (with a small bluetooth keyboard included and a 1 year subscription to Office 365 that can be use in one computer only, but not necessarily the tablet). Of course the specs are low: 1Gb of RAM,...