Windows 10: Cheap Work-At-Home Desktop PC

Discus and support Cheap Work-At-Home Desktop PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear Site Admins -- I couldn't find a place to put this in all the sub forums. Perhaps you need a PC Hardware Recommendations and Reviews area? Hiya,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Cheap Work-At-Home Desktop PC

Dear Site Admins -- I couldn't find a place to put this in all the sub forums. Perhaps you need a PC Hardware Recommendations and Reviews area?

Hiya,

Because of Covid a lot of people I know are working at home are suddenly wishing they had a desktop PC. The problem is they've already buried a lot of money into a laptop and so their budget doesn't exist.

Most PC people I know only know of the big ugly towers they abandoned for laptops -- and are unaware of the wacky and fun Mini PC world. These PCs come in at different price points and are meant to be attached to the back of the monitor in some cases. I consider that an awkward place and prefer it just sitting near the monitor.

There's an entire world of NUCs. Since I'm going to dismiss this world it's basically BUILD YOUR OWN via Mini PC. The problem is most users would rather not deal with installing their own RAM, SSD, and operating systems.

These leaves with you ready to go Mini PCs. The shortcoming is typically power. I have a tiny Beelink PC connected to my flatscreen TV and the Intel Celeron is... sluggish. So if you use it here and there on the TV it's the best $200 I ever spent... but if you're going to work in front of it all day you want something more powerful.

Just announced --

Cheap Work-At-Home Desktop PC [​IMG]

https://youtu.be/h1hmnqkKIxc

That's roughly 5 inches by 5 inches by 2. What makes it powerful is an i5 chip from the 5000 series. (We're at 10,000s right now.) But for surfing, bills, Zoom, streaming video up to 4K, office work -- that i5 can handle it.

(Don't take my word for it. In fact wait for YouTuber types to actually review this unit and make sure it's the right fit for you.)

The thing is that you can add that to a 4K TV and you've got a GINORMOUS Home PC. For $299. BOOM, done.

But maybe you don't want a monitor the size of a child's mattress. Monitors of all sorts on Amazon will cost you $99-$350 -- depending upon how big and sharp you want to go. So, yeah, you could be looking at a new diminutive desktop for $450.

Unfortunately for Zoomers you still lack a proper webcam. The bad news there is Amazon webcams are tight and pricey or a month shipping from China at the moment thank you Covid. I predict in another few weeks there will be some niiiiiiice cameras exploiting this new market. Try to get 720p or better. That price point should be about $30.

Yes you'll need to buy a keyboard and a mouse. Unlike an All in One you can pick exactly what you want. That will be under $60.

So there you go. I don't work for these guys I'm just a fan. You can order off Amazon or eBay for the PCs but then can tend to be marked up by a local middleman. AliExpress will typically offer the best price but you must keep an eye on the vendor to see if they're reputable.

More info here --

Beelink Content of the article

:)

The Pool Man, Apr 24, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Cheap Work-At-Home Desktop PC

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Cheap Work-At-Home Desktop PC

1. Cheap Work-At-Home Desktop PC - Similar Threads - Cheap Home Desktop

2. Work laptops showing my home desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Work laptops showing my home desktop: My home laptop has a different main Microsoft account but I use my work Microsoft account on some apps on my work laptop. Now, when I sign in onto my work laptop it will show my home laptop desktop?? There is no sync button to disable this feature from the work laptop...
  3. Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working -- Home to Pro: In the last 2 days, my client Home ed. desktop has been throwing an error every time I try to connect to the host Pro ed. laptop:Remote Desktop ConnectionThe connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote login.Error code: 0x3Extended error code:...
  4. Remote Desktop only working from home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop only working from home: I’ve set up my Remote Desktop connection and did the port forwarding in my router. The computer is connected to internet. If I’m at home connected to my iPhone 5G instead of the same wifi, the remote connection works perfectly. But, when i try to connect it from outside of my...
  5. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...
  6. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?: I am trying to remote in to my home desktop pc from a new laptop. For some reason I can remote from pc to laptop with microsoft account login info with no issue. When I try to do the reverse -- access my desktop from laptop, I get an error message that says 'your credentials...
  7. Steps to access desktop home pc remotely?

8. get 3 Monitors working for home desktop

get 3 Monitors working for home desktop: I have win10 pro. I have three monitors plugged in. In the display settings, it shows the monitor, However, I cannot move the "screen". Also I can't get any video. I have tested the cables. the monitors, and swapped in a whole new machine because I thought it was the VGA port...
  9. Looking for cheap laptop for media/work

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for cheap laptop for media/work: Hi Can anyone recommend a decent laptop. Will be used for work/browsing, not for gaming. Direct links would be great. Price range 70 - 400. Staying away from pentiums/celeron. Thanks. 183141
  10. Changing a home pc to a work pc

Changing a home pc to a work pc: My organization is a school and it has a Microsoft 365 account. In the school where I work, all of the computers have Windows 10. Some computers allow users to sign in with their Microsoft work account, and if I wanted to add or remove them myself I would go to...