Windows 10: Cheapest path to go from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Cheapest path to go from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm now running Win 7 Home on my old PC. I will be retiring my old PC for a new build and want to do a clean install of Win 10 Pro on the new build. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by howardg, Nov 27, 2018.

1. howardg Win User

Cheapest path to go from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro

I'm now running Win 7 Home on my old PC. I will be retiring my old PC for a new build and want to do a clean install of Win 10 Pro on the new build. I think the best/cheapest way for me to get to Win 10 Pro on the new build is to

1) install Win 10 Home on the new build and activate it using my Win 7 Home key,

2) upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro by buying a $99 upgrade.

Will this work?

:)

howardg, Nov 27, 2018

2. Wins 10 pro becoming wins 7 pro

I am using wins 10 pro, but during end user activation it shows wins 7 pro

Any suggestion?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

TingTracccey, Nov 27, 2018
  3. eidairaman1, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Cheapest path to go from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro

Downgrade from Win 10 to Win 7

Thank you Alan

This is helpful.

• I previously purchased Win 7 Pro on my last laptop
      • Am disappointed Win 10 Pro was not offered with my new laptop
      • Am I able to use my Win 7 Pro license?

Do you have any comments about my other two points in my original questions?

• the Toshiba Dynadock which does not fully work with Windows 10
    • my Microsoft Wedge wireless keyboard just cannot be recognized by Windows 10.
    • Will Office 365 work satisfactorily with Win 7 Pro?
    Many thanks again

Regards

Joseph

JosephD'Souza, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Cheapest path to go from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro

1. Cheapest path to go from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Cheapest path Home

2. going from pirated win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    going from pirated win 7 to win 10: Please step by step help how to pass from non-genuine win 7 to genuine win 10. thanks a lot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-from-pirated-win-7-to-win-10/950286dd-84e9-488c-918f-6b30361d2bf7
  3. going from pirated win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    going from pirated win 7 to win 10: Please step by step help how to pass from non-genuine win 7 to genuine win 10. thanks a lot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-from-pirated-win-7-to-win-10/950286dd-84e9-488c-918f-6b30361d2bf7
  4. Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I bought an upgrade from win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro in July 2020. The PC that was on has now given up the ghost and I have bought a new PC, but it came with Win 10 Home. I am trying to upgrade the new PC to Win 10 Pro, but the process goes just so far and then I get a message...
  5. Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro: I've been using windows 7 for 5 years now and I got a message from Microsoft saying windows 7 pc's are not in support anymore and I need to get a new pc. Of course I don't have the money for it so please tell me how to upgrade windows 7 pc to windows 10...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: I have win 10 home come with my pc and I wont to upgrade to win 10 pro without reinstalling the win 10 image, I search a lot for cheaper key and I can't tell if the key for a lifetime or not and some product key tell me that I can't upgrade from home to pro without...
  8. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro: Hi there, just bought a upgrade to PRO for my Lenovo Legion y720, purchased through Microsoft store. download and install finished without a hitch until i noticed the activate windows text appeared on my screen, then i tried to do the activate windows manually and there i...
  9. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  10. Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Win 7 Pro to Win 10: Upgraded, appeared to be fine. Now printer doesn't print. Shows as default, but won't print...*Sad 10819