Windows 10: Cheapest Way To Upgrade Vista To Win 10 Home With Legitimate Key?

Discus and support Cheapest Way To Upgrade Vista To Win 10 Home With Legitimate Key? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two old Vista 32 bit Laptops that I would like to upgrade to Win 10 home with legitimate keys without breaking the bank. One is mine and one is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris Nicola, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Cheapest Way To Upgrade Vista To Win 10 Home With Legitimate Key?

I have two old Vista 32 bit Laptops that I would like to upgrade to Win 10 home with legitimate keys without breaking the bank. One is mine and one is for a friend. By legitimate, I don't mean if they will work, but I mean Microsoft approved and properly licenced keys. Microsoft are selling their retail keys online for about 140. I have found a website that claims to be a Microsoft partner and selling Win 10 home retail for 120. But to be quite honest, I don't feel its worth upgrading old laptops for such a high cost, otherwise I would get a refurbished Win 10 machine. I have found other sites selling Win 10 home oem for 10 but I want to stay clear of those. There are local system builders who say they can install Win 10 with a Microsoft approved system builder licence for 60 + labour. Other back street shops want 20.

This has got me very confused. I know how to do the installation myself. Can someone please advise me of the cheapest legitimate option to purchase a Microsoft Win 10 home key to install on these old machines? Where do reputable system builders get their licence keys from?

Kind regards
    Chris

:)

Chris Nicola, Dec 27, 2020
  2. ruzzi Win User

Whats the Cheapest Way to Get Win 10?

I want to know the cheapest way to get win 10. I read that you can buy a windows 7 key, install win 7 then upgrade to win 10.

I also read you can buy a win 10 OEM license for $20 and you get all the updates. But if something stops working you can't get support from microsoft.

Let me know what's the cheapest way to get win 10.

ruzzi, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Winuser Win User

If you find someone selling Windows 10 OEM for $20.00 it a scam or illegal copy.

Winuser, Dec 27, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

Cheapest Way To Upgrade Vista To Win 10 Home With Legitimate Key?

If your present computer is running Win 7 SP1 or Win 8.1, then you are entitled to have a FREE upgrade to Windows 10 through Windows Update.
    You can also download Windows 10 iso file and do an In-place Upgrade Install. That is also free.
    Those are your cheapest way.

So, the question is : with the computer you are planning to upgrade, what operating system it is now running ?

davidhk, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Cheapest Way To Upgrade Vista To Win 10 Home With Legitimate Key?

1. Cheapest Way To Upgrade Vista To Win 10 Home With Legitimate Key? - Similar Threads - Cheapest Upgrade Vista

2. Hi wonder whats the cheapest way of getting windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi wonder whats the cheapest way of getting windows 10 home?: I’m building a new pc atm submitted by /u/Automatic_Syrup4012 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1780r/hi_wonder_whats_the_cheapest_way_of_getting/
  3. What is the cheapest way to upgrade Win10 Home to Pro?

What is the cheapest way to upgrade Win10 Home to Pro?: Pretty much as the title says. I've read that people have purchased Win 7 Pro and used that to upgrade Win 10 Home > Pro. Does anyone know if this still works or is there any alternatives? Edit: I'm running a custom build machine if that is relevant. submitted by...
  4. What is the cheapest way to buy Windows 10?

What is the cheapest way to buy Windows 10?: I'm currently building a new PC and was wondering if there was any better prices than on Microsoft itself for Windows 10 Home, or Pro that I could potentially buy. submitted by /u/ignVituline [link] [comments]...
  5. The “cheapest” way to buy a laptop

The “cheapest” way to buy a laptop: Last night I had left my MacBook Pro at rest mode, when I woke up it smelled like burning. (I’m in London and I must use adapters to use it). Despite off the smell, I was able to navigate and turn it off without any problem. It smells like burned in the front, on the...
  6. Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro: I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use. What is the easiest or best way to do an in-place upgrade of this Win 10 Home laptop? I don't want to do a fresh install, since that...
  7. win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??: Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have a desktop that has the factory key to vista,but the HHD is formatted, it has the factory product key on the case, the...
  8. Cheapest path to go from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro

Cheapest path to go from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Pro: I'm now running Win 7 Home on my old PC. I will be retiring my old PC for a new build and want to do a clean install of Win 10 Pro on the new build. I think the best/cheapest way for me to get to Win 10 Pro on the new build is to 1) install Win 10 Home on the new build and...
  9. Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise

Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise: I was sure there must have been some discussion of upgrading pro to enterprise but my searches have not revealed a specific discussion. Is there a legal and microsoft recognized way to upgrade a win 10 pro to enterprise. It appears not to be in my googling... but I would...
  10. Whats the Cheapest Way to Get Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whats the Cheapest Way to Get Win 10?: I want to know the cheapest way to get win 10. I read that you can buy a windows 7 key, install win 7 then upgrade to win 10. I also read you can buy a win 10 OEM license for $20 and you get all the updates. But if something stops working you can't get support from...