Windows 10: Check apps and files disabled

Discus and support Check apps and files disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was looking aorund windows defender seeing that smart screen is disabled. [ATTACH] this is my personal computer, how do I fix it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by msfarhan, Oct 5, 2020.

1. msfarhan Win User

Check apps and files disabled

I was looking aorund windows defender seeing that smart screen is disabled.

Check apps and files disabled 6803aba7-24bf-42b7-b0c3-0f1759c79708?upload=true.png

this is my personal computer, how do I fix it?

:)

msfarhan, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

How to disable/uninstall the Photo app in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

We cannot disable Photos app on windows 10. However, we can uninstall the app and when you require the app you can download it through Windows Store.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall the Photo app.

• Type Power Shell in the Search bar,
      right-click on Windows PowerShell and click on
      Run as administrator

• Type the following commands, press Enter
      key after each command, in the given order.
    1. Get-AppxPackage

(This will view all the apps installed in your account.)

2. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers

(This will view all Windows apps installed in the computer.)

3. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Remove-AppxPackage

(This will remove/uninstall the Photo app.)

• Restart the system and check.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Non-Store Default Apps for a file protocol in windows 10

Hi Ajo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1) Right click on the file and select choose another app to open. It will display the list of apps to open.

2) If the app is not listed then select more apps and check if you can find it.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Check apps and files disabled - Similar Threads - Check apps files

2. Disable Check disk on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Check disk on startup: At Every boot, Windows ask for a check disk. I tried CMD commands, Regedit but none seems to work. What is the permanent solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-check-disk-on-startup/0dded1d6-944f-40a6-9a30-297913814366
  3. How to enable Check apps and files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable Check apps and files?: Hello, Can you help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-enable-check-apps-and-files/bc68c76a-9d34-433e-8416-0051372ee6fc
  4. "Check apps and files" disabled in Windows Security, but still cannot open the programs I...

"Check apps and files" disabled in Windows Security, but still cannot open the programs I...: I have been doing some coding puzzles in C. Since I have an expensive desktop, it feels a little silly pulling out my MacBook Air every time I want to code. If only it were as easy to code on Windows as it is in my Mac. I enjoy writing code in a text editor then compiling...
  5. MY CHECK APPS AND FILES NOT WORKING

MY CHECK APPS AND FILES NOT WORKING: My check apps and files not working and windows defender say this setting is managed by your administrator and I nothing do.[ATTACH]Now what can I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-check-apps-and-files-not-working/c7c7e929-b595-4729-ab9d-434cd01b8662"
  6. How to enable "check apps and files"

How to enable "check apps and files": How to enable "check apps and files" option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-enable-check-apps-and-files/88544596-177f-4a40-b323-6469d2b61e10
  7. Apps & browser control, check apps and files blurred out

Apps & browser control, check apps and files blurred out: When I go to "Check files and apps", it is blurred out. Stating, "This setting is managed by your administrator." When I go to my profile, it states, "PC Local Account Administrator". So I am not sure what to do....
  8. Impossible to disable Spell check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Impossible to disable Spell check: I am really going crazy with this. Why is there not a simple option to disable the spell checking in my mail program in windows 10. It messes all my writing when I change languages,spanish,catalan,german, I want to decide what i write and NOT Windows. Unbelievable that...
  9. Can't disable check apps and files on Windows Defender.

Can't disable check apps and files on Windows Defender.: Hello everyone, I have been getting a bunch of notices of unauthorized changes being blocked and then I needed to install software for school. So I figured out I could disable smartscreen in windows defender were it wouldn't block the program. I was able to install the...
  10. How to disable check box on files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable check box on files: I'm having an issue with this annoying box that appears at either the top left of a desktop icon or on the left of any file I'm viewing in the File Explorer. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? [img] [img] 112640