Windows 10: Check Disk

Discus and support Check Disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffHall1, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Check Disk

My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10

:)

GeoffHall1, Jul 16, 2018

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Check Disk

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Check Disk

1. Check Disk - Similar Threads - Check Disk

2. PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC has started to blackscreen after getting stuck on a Disk Check: My PC has been getting progressively slower to the point now where I am unable to do anything on it. It will take up to 15 minutes to allow me to log in, and once I have logged in it will take another 10 minutes to load everything on the desktop. I'm unable to use any apps or...
  3. Check disk not running / stuck / failed

Check disk not running / stuck / failed: Hello, I am having a problem with my uncles computer, so I will describe the problem my best. Basically, the cause of this is unknown. When PC is booted, the Check Disk automatically starts. When I cancel Check Disc before it starts, I can access WIN10, but it is SLOW and...
  4. Blue screen of death after disk check

Blue screen of death after disk check: Hi, This all started with a chkdisk command entered into command prompt. Upon restarting after this command, windows started repairing the disk. After being stuck on 11% for an hour, I (very stupidly) restarted my computer. After that, windows started I soon started to...
  5. windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it it write protected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it it write protected: Want to do chkdsk/f in windows 10. Receiving the following: cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected....
  6. Windows 10 Checking and Reparing disk C reboots!

Windows 10 Checking and Reparing disk C reboots!: Hi Community! I'm kinda getting very angry on Windows 10. First of all I can no longer participate in the Insider Program because it is Greyed out, then I can no longer use VMWare on my Windows 10 Home PC because I activated Hypee V with a comand and now every time I use...
  7. How to stop disk check on startup windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to stop disk check on startup windows 10: Hello everyone! Sometimes a Windows computer runs a disk check on startup. It happens every now and then on every computer, but for some people it happens every time they start their computer up. When it shows up, you have 8 seconds to skip it by pressing any keyboard key,...
  8. disk check

disk check: I just started my pc and it checked drive c: automatically why so? without any reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check/5d1a3dcb-7911-4e3d-a643-1c47614a03bf
  9. Check Disk, bad clusters

Check Disk, bad clusters: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>cmd.exe Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>chkdsk E:/f/r The type of the file system is...
  10. Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?: Currently I have Windows 10 (1803) and Ubuntu 18.04 dual-booted onto my laptop. Everything seems to work fine except sometimes when i boot into windows, it starts disk checking and then i press a key to skip disk checking. My question is if i dont press a key and it starts...