Windows 10: Check Disk

Discus and support Check Disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffHall1, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Check Disk

My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10

:)

GeoffHall1, Jul 16, 2018

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Check Disk

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Check Disk

1. Check Disk - Similar Threads - Check Disk

2. Windows 10 Check disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Check disk: Hello. I was using Veracrypt and Windows keeps persisting with checkdisk thinking where my container is located there is a problem. every startup it attempts to but I always catch it and cancel. yesterday I missed that and windows went through with chkdisk and now my...
  3. Input Microphone doesn't work, after check disk.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Input Microphone doesn't work, after check disk.: Hello, i couldnt find anything which would help me... I have the problem, that since yday, after the check disk i did, I cant use any input as a mic to speak, without my audio to crash. I tried the trouble shooting, which also didnt work. It says, it cant find the...
  4. Windows 10 Check disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Check disk: Hello. I was using Veracrypt and Windows keeps persisting with checkdisk thinking where my container is located there is a problem. every startup it attempts to but I always catch it and cancel. yesterday I missed that and windows went through with chkdisk and now my...
  5. disk error check confirmation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disk error check confirmation: i was moving files from my old win7 laptop to my external drive when it suddenly disconnect its 8 years old and tend to do that sometimes and show the error cant locate disk. when i plug the external drive to my new win10 laptop it says it detected an error and recommend a...
  6. Disk check on startup with dual-boot to Linux

Disk check on startup with dual-boot to Linux: Is it normal for Windows to show a disk checking prompt on startup with two operating systems installed on the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check-on-startup-with-dual-boot-to-linux/d2db2b1f-5216-40ea-bd13-bf035b234df6
  7. Windows update Failed to install 0x800f0922. No SRP when checked in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Failed to install 0x800f0922. No SRP when checked in Disk Management: Hi, Getting Windows update Failed to install 0x800f0922 a number of times. Windows update gets to about 92% then says failed update. This is the update history: [ATTACH] Have checked there is enough space on the SRP but looking in disk management there doesn't seem to...
  8. An error occurred while writing installation information to disk. Check to make sure enough...

An error occurred while writing installation information to disk. Check to make sure enough...: The error occurs during the installation of applications with the extension .msi What should I do in this situation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-occurred-while-writing-installation/b732d117-52b2-4b8d-a1d4-f70f190b6bec
  9. Installation failed! Please check if you have enough free disk space to install PrimeOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation failed! Please check if you have enough free disk space to install PrimeOS: NTFS MBR 1TB WD Blue Hard Disk AHCI Mode Booting through PenDrive FAT32 When I go to boot PrimeOS and install it in my logical drive sda8 of 50GB, I get this error at 96% "Installation failed! Please check if you have enough free disk space to install PrimeOS" What to...
  10. CHKDSK checks all disks!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK checks all disks!: Hi Folks, Just a quick question. Windows 10 latest version from the iso. I am running W7 on an SSD but have just performed a new install of W10 onto another HDD. I have 2 additional HDD's which are just used for backup with clones of the W7 disk. All went well for a few...