Windows 10: Check Disk

Discus and support Check Disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeoffHall1, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Check Disk

My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10

:)

GeoffHall1, Jul 16, 2018

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Check Disk

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Check Disk

1. Check Disk - Similar Threads - Check Disk

2. Check Disk, bad clusters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Check Disk, bad clusters: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>cmd.exe Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>chkdsk E:/f/r The type of the file system is...
  3. Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Disk Checking On Dual-Boot?: Currently I have Windows 10 (1803) and Ubuntu 18.04 dual-booted onto my laptop. Everything seems to work fine except sometimes when i boot into windows, it starts disk checking and then i press a key to skip disk checking. My question is if i dont press a key and it starts...
  4. Windows Disk Error checking tool & chkdsk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Disk Error checking tool & chkdsk: Hello, I have a 2TB drive with what looks to be some bad clusters. I've run a couple of FULL formats without issue using both exFAT & NTFS formats, and the windows GUI disk check passes them, however in both cases, chkdsk /R freezes permanently at the 2% mark. Is there...
  5. Hard Disk Sentinel for free-excellent tool to check/monitor HDD & SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Sentinel for free-excellent tool to check/monitor HDD & SSD: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% Worth getting from bitsdujour. Only valid today. Excellent helpful text summary report and tools. 118695
  6. How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers

in Windows 10 News
    How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers: [ATTACH] Many people tend to use multiple devices. This includes their smartphones, personal laptops, desktops in offices and homes. Even after a great cloud-based integration with the services like OneDrive, some simple things really need the physical presence of the user...
  7. Check (errors) hard disk

Check (errors) hard disk: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam please be nice to help me in connection with my laptop hard drive. What settings can I give to check it out and see if it has errors and set it up for hours of operation. Thank you! Wait for response! A wonderful day!...
  8. Can't get into windows 10 because of disk check (chkdsk) at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get into windows 10 because of disk check (chkdsk) at startup: A couple of days ago, I was having an issue with my laptop (Sager) being slow. So, I tried a few possible solutions. I ran a virus scan with defender and a malware scan, but neither of those turned up anything. I also set up a disk check through cmd on startup (couldn't do it...
  9. check disk for errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    check disk for errors: I recently made changes to my computer how do I check and repair disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/check-disk-for-errors/9617a391-7a5a-4ae5-b6af-57ce75e0e0d7
  10. continuoues disk checking window scanning and create looping...Please help

continuoues disk checking window scanning and create looping...Please help: continuous disk checking window scanning and create looping...Please help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/continuoues-disk-checking-window-scanning-and/f636da05-ad71-4cc9-8374-010fbdfa0eaf