Windows 10: Check firmware updates

Discus and support Check firmware updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I confirm that most recent firmware is installed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShirleyAnnJohnson, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Check firmware updates

How do I confirm that most recent firmware is installed?

:)

ShirleyAnnJohnson, Oct 8, 2018

2. PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 8, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Crucial Releases "000F" Firmware Update for M4 SSD, Enhances Power-Loss Protection

Crucial is known for issuing firmware updates for its M4 series SSDs that bring significant improvements, be it the 0009 update that introduced performance improvements by as much as 20%, or the 0309 update that fixed a lot of BSOD instability issues. Introduced on Wednesday, the newest firmware update, "000F", introduces the following changes:
    • Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
    • Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
    • Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
    With higher performance, improved OS-level stability, and now with higher throughput stability and improved data protection in the event of power loss, Crucial M4 is closer to being the perfect consumer SSD.

DOWNLOAD: Crucial M4 000F Firmware Update Windows 7 Updater Utility, Manual Boot File, Instructions

btarunr, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Check firmware updates

Auto-Publishing Firmware for Windows Insiders is Going Live

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Check firmware updates

1. Check firmware updates - Similar Threads - Check firmware updates

2. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update: My laptop got restarted after update and now it's has been frozen since one hour on this. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-update/584bd16e-a618-4c78-baeb-da7bcc9fe8c6
  3. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware update: My laptop got restarted after update and now it's has been frozen since one hour on this. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-update/584bd16e-a618-4c78-baeb-da7bcc9fe8c6
  4. Firmware protection checking through API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware protection checking through API: Hi,I need to check through code whether firmware protection is enabled or not, is there any API through which one can read the value of Firmware protection whether its ON or OFF....
  5. Firmware protection checking through API

Firmware protection checking through API: Hi,I need to check through code whether firmware protection is enabled or not, is there any API through which one can read the value of Firmware protection whether its ON or OFF....
  6. Firmware update issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update issues: At first , I tell you to look attached photo. I am facing the error after updating optional updates. When I update the driver ,It showed me to restart my pc. And i did it that,at time time of updating when the light on my pc's dispaly I showed me a warning under the lenovo...
  7. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=uefi%5Cres_%7B12b99262-648c-4365-bafd-eb869fb72094%7DHi, I need documentation for these two files in the link are the above updates compatible with my device if someone pointed out the link to the documentation thanks in...
  8. Firmware update

Firmware update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=uefi%5Cres_%7B12b99262-648c-4365-bafd-eb869fb72094%7DHi, I need documentation for these two files in the link are the above updates compatible with my device if someone pointed out the link to the documentation thanks in...
  9. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Check Firmware update Version installed on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Check Firmware update Version installed on Windows 10: Has anyone found a way to determine which version is currently installed apart from within regedit? ie I want to check which firmware Driver pack version installed SurfaceLaptop3_Win10_18362_20.121.13124.0.msi thanks...