Windows 10: Check for pending package install error

Discus and support Check for pending package install error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a constant issue with rebooting the computer and it automatically goes into repair mode but then fails and directs me to the log file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by afdude08, Sep 13, 2017.

1. afdude08 Win User

Check for pending package install error

I have a constant issue with rebooting the computer and it automatically goes into repair mode but then fails and directs me to the log file C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt. I have racked my brain on this but still cannot figure it out.

:)

afdude08, Sep 13, 2017

2. Win10 1709 sysprep fail

When the PC just complete updated to Win 10 1709 and trying to do sysprep (without edit any settings) , It show error

Package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy was installed for a

user but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function

properly in the sysprep image.

and use powershell command to check,

It show "Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy" pending removal , but i did not type any remove command

Also check before upgraded to 1709,

"Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy" is installed and sysprep is work perfect ,

Why "Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy" changed the status from
    installed to pending removal ?

How can i resume to installed status and allow sysprep work again,

Thanks a lot

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Silver Fox CC, Sep 13, 2017
  3. Windows cannot start during automatic repair

Windows said it encountered disk errors, asked for reboot to repair them.

During startup it said "preparing automatic repair", then that "PC did not start correctly".

In windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt last lines are:

Test Performed:

Name: Check for pending package install

Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x2

Time taken = 1203 ms

I cannot run even in safe mode; also cannot reset, cannot system restore, cannot do a startup repair etc.

All this is on almost clean system. I reinstalled it a few days ago. That time the error in srttrail.txt was 0x4.

It looks like the cyclic dependency. Repair tried to do some steps on reboot, but there is pending package for install, which cannot be installed without repairing.

What's the problem? Is it possible to solve it without reinstalling windows?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Egor Pugin, Sep 13, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Check for pending package install error [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

5. afdude08 Win User
    This problem I don't believe has anything to do with the memory though.

afdude08, Sep 14, 2017
  6. afdude08 Win User
    I want to add that it's always the second reboot that causes the failure it's not the first reboot after the bsod message.

afdude08, Sep 14, 2017
  7. BSODHunter, Sep 14, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

I still suggest that you run the test.

9. afdude08 Win User
    Memory is fine. Pc just got from dell. Has server grade ECC sticks. This is a driver issue with deep freeze

afdude08, Sep 15, 2017
  10. Then have fun with fixing the problem yourself. When you know whats the problem I see no need receiving any help here.

BSODHunter, Sep 16, 2017
  11. afdude08 Win User
    I did fix the problem myself thanks to no help from you *Smile

afdude08, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Check for pending package install error - Similar Threads - Check pending package

2. Pending update will not install error 0x80073701

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pending update will not install error 0x80073701: So i'm currently at version 22H2 osbuild 19045.3758 and it's telling me i'm due an update.When i try and install the update i get error code 0x80073701.I have completely uninstalled avast as this was blocking it.So far i have tried running the troubleshooter; windows update...
  3. Pending update will not install error 0x80073701

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pending update will not install error 0x80073701: So i'm currently at version 22H2 osbuild 19045.3758 and it's telling me i'm due an update.When i try and install the update i get error code 0x80073701.I have completely uninstalled avast as this was blocking it.So far i have tried running the troubleshooter; windows update...
  4. Package Installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package Installation Error: Package Installation ErrorCould not add all required packages to the project. The following packages failed to install from 'C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\Entity Framework Tools NuGet Packages':EntityFramework.6.2.0: Unable to find version '6.2.0' of...
  5. Package Installation Error

Package Installation Error: Package Installation ErrorCould not add all required packages to the project. The following packages failed to install from 'C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\Entity Framework Tools NuGet Packages':EntityFramework.6.2.0: Unable to find version '6.2.0' of...
  6. Package Installation Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Java installer package error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java installer package error: So, I have been trying to install Java 17 but every time I try to, I get "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package".I...
  8. Java installer package error

Java installer package error: So, I have been trying to install Java 17 but every time I try to, I get "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package".I...
  9. Can't download PC Health Check Installation Package

Can't download PC Health Check Installation Package: I tried to download the PC Health Check msi package from here. However, directly downloading it using Edge creates a 0KB file; downloading it using Internet Download Manager results in an infinite 0Byte/s waiting. I also tried saving the file to cloud storage, which also...
  10. Windows Installer Package Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer Package Error: I am trying to install a msi package and I keep getting The windows installer service could not be accessed, This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check for pending package install

2. check for pending package install 0x4

3. check for pending package install error code 0x4

4. pending package install 0x2,
  5. SrtTrail Checking for pending package install error 0x2,
  6. check for pending package install error 0x2,
  7. Check for installed LCU 0x2,
  8. Waiting package installation boot error 0x4,
  9. check for pending package install 0x2,
  10. windows 10 lcu 0x2,
  11. checking for pending package install 0x2,