Windows 10: check for update failed

Discus and support check for update failed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hey I was wondering if you could help with this, I just got the juggernaut edition update for state of decay 2, ive uninstalled then reinstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by carsonclouthier, Mar 14, 2020.

1. check for update failed

hey I was wondering if you could help with this, I just got the juggernaut edition update for state of decay 2, ive uninstalled then reinstalled the update but everytime I open the game it gives me check for update failed,failed to check for updates.exiting application

:)

carsonclouthier, Mar 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Failed updates

Hi Lozo,

There are several possible reasons why Windows Updates are failing such as system file corruption or software conflict. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are there error messages associated with the failed updates?
    • What's the result of the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Did it detect any issues?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This is to prevent us from providing the same steps.

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this
    page
    and follow the instructions on how to troubleshoot Windows Update issues. If you've already tried some of the suggested steps in the article, you can skip those and proceed to the next one.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Mar 14, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

check for update failed

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

check for update failed

1. check for update failed - Similar Threads - check update failed

2. Checking for Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking for Updates: Hi Microsoft community,I've started receiving this popup recently whereas I wasn't before. I'm unsure if its a legitimate popup from Microsoft or not. I have tried to search for it online but I can't find any image resembling it. It looks like an Office 365 update, but it...
  3. Checking for Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking for Updates: Hi Microsoft community,I've started receiving this popup recently whereas I wasn't before. I'm unsure if its a legitimate popup from Microsoft or not. I have tried to search for it online but I can't find any image resembling it. It looks like an Office 365 update, but it...
  4. checking for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    checking for update: I have window 8.1. While checking for update, it says there is problem checking update. I have set automatic update but has never updated. what is the reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update/3d210500-9eee-45fc-b54a-b9a0ca718aae
  5. checking for update

checking for update: I have window 8.1. While checking for update, it says there is problem checking update. I have set automatic update but has never updated. what is the reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update/3d210500-9eee-45fc-b54a-b9a0ca718aae
  6. FAILING TO CHECK FOR WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FAILING TO CHECK FOR WINDOWS UPDATE: I have been trying to update my windows 8 on my laptop for the past few months, whenever i try to check for updates it say\ error' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failing-to-check-for-windows-update/fe3e62dc-c98e-45e8-979f-c632c819cd11
  7. FAILING TO CHECK FOR WINDOWS UPDATE

FAILING TO CHECK FOR WINDOWS UPDATE: I have been trying to update my windows 8 on my laptop for the past few months, whenever i try to check for updates it say\ error' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failing-to-check-for-windows-update/fe3e62dc-c98e-45e8-979f-c632c819cd11
  8. Is there any way to check why an update is failing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to check why an update is failing?: Been trying to install the 2004 may update for a month now, it downloads, does a restart, then another restart, gets to about 60% then does a rollback. I checked the event viewer and it has nothing. Is there any possible way to find out why it's failing? Is it possible to...
  9. Windows update check failing with 0x8007042c

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update check failing with 0x8007042c: [ATTACH] There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8007042c) Is anybody else getting this rn?...
  10. check for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    check for updates: Check for updates fails, cannot get an internet connection. Nothing wrong with my internet. Trouble shooter will not load. Cryptographic services changed to local account to solve Chrome problem. Trouble with update started then. Dont know how to put it back to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. state of decay 2 failed to check for updates