Windows 10: "Check for updates" doesn't return anything

Discus and support "Check for updates" doesn't return anything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I go to Settings Update & Security Windows Update. At the top of the window I see:You're not up to dateYour device is missing important security and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Greg Kastanek, Jun 21, 2021.

1. "Check for updates" doesn't return anything

I go to Settings Update & Security Windows Update. At the top of the window I see:You're not up to dateYour device is missing important security and quality fixes.Below that is a "Check for updates" button. When I click it it appears that it is checking, but after a few seconds it just goes right back to the exact same screen. No updates are listed, just the "Check for updates" button and the same two messages above it, so no change at all. Given that, it's hard to tell if checking for updates really even happened and there are never any error messages. Any insi

:)

Greg Kastanek, Jun 21, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

"Check for updates" doesn't return anything [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 21, 2021
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 21, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

"Check for updates" doesn't return anything

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

"Check for updates" doesn't return anything [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

"Check for updates" doesn't return anything

1. "Check for updates" doesn't return anything - Similar Threads - Check updates doesn't

2. windows store doesn't update anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows store doesn't update anything: i've tried the troubleshooter thing, multiple command prompts i've found around this community, reset the microsoft store, erasing its data, exiting and reentering, i don't know what to do and the apps are starting to not work because the all tell me to update them to...
  3. windows store doesn't update anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows store doesn't update anything: i've tried the troubleshooter thing, multiple command prompts i've found around this community, reset the microsoft store, erasing its data, exiting and reentering, i don't know what to do and the apps are starting to not work because the all tell me to update them to...
  4. windows store doesn't update anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I was checking for updates, there was no 21H1 or anything related to that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was checking for updates, there was no 21H1 or anything related to that...: But there was a antivirus update, I downloaded it but it instantly becomes 100% and vanishes, I have been waiting for 2 hours and i haven't gotten any notification about it, is there a problem? Is this a bug?...
  6. Windows checks for updates, but doesn't find any?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows checks for updates, but doesn't find any?: My Windows 1020H2 is set to a default update check. When I go to "Windows Update" in Settings, it shows that it has recently checked for updatesfor e.g., "Last checked: 10 minutes ago", and shows a "You're up to date" message. But when I manually click on "Check for updates",...
  7. Download button on check for updates screen not doing anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download button on check for updates screen not doing anything: The download button on check for updates screen is not doing anything? I need to install the latest update to fix a WSL Issue. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/johncaling40 [link] [comments]...
  8. Cortana Doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana Doesn't anything: i'm trying to use my Cortana, it doesn't do anything, i cannot talk to it, I cannot write, It opens but without results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/7a0e07eb-9b06-4b9e-b7c8-ee4b18b35319"
  9. Cortana doesn't anything

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't anything: I try to find things for my Cortana and Cortana doesn't nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-doesnt-anything/35043d35-0f3e-4e5a-850c-b0b06fe8d2c2"
  10. Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure: From the start button, search for updates. Click on Check for updates, Advanced Windows update options, or Windows update settings generate this message. Attempts to go back to earlier restore points fail. Any ideas? Thanks. Noname.bmp 13932