Windows 10: check for updates in settings not working

Discus and support check for updates in settings not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; the check for update setting is showing me an error for past 1 month and i cannot update windows [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aakash divakar, Jan 20, 2021.

1. check for updates in settings not working

the check for update setting is showing me an error for past 1 month and i cannot update windows

check for updates in settings not working 65874d62-55d1-4410-a027-200ab4b23c7b?upload=true.png

:)

aakash divakar, Jan 20, 2021
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 20, 2021
  4. check for updates in settings not working

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

check for updates in settings not working

1. check for updates in settings not working - Similar Threads - check updates settings

2. My inbuilt camera on a Lenovo ideapad is not working. Have checked settings and updates by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt camera on a Lenovo ideapad is not working. Have checked settings and updates by...: I have a Lenovo ideapad using Windowa 11 and the camera was working but has now stopped working. Have checked settings and updates but still not working. Message when l try and turn it on in Zoom is camera not recognized. Any ideas please?...
  3. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working: Hi People,I'm having issues with receiving window security updates through Settings on my desktop PC. My last update was on the 30th August 2022 at 18:56pm which is 14 days ago. Despite clicking on Check for updates, the button doesn't want to load or do anything. I've never...
  4. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working: Hi People,I'm having issues with receiving window security updates through Settings on my desktop PC. My last update was on the 30th August 2022 at 18:56pm which is 14 days ago. Despite clicking on Check for updates, the button doesn't want to load or do anything. I've never...
  5. Windows Update - Check for Updates Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Check for Update Not Working

Windows 10 Check for Update Not Working: Whenever I try to update my windows version to the latest version by pressing the "check for updates" button, the settings menu will load for a moment and then do nothing with the "check for updates" button reappearing. I have tried everything I can think of and everything I...
  7. check for updates screen in settings is not loading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    check for updates screen in settings is not loading: i tried to download multiple apps in the microsoft store, but all i got was errors that i need to update my windows. i didnt got any notifications that i needed an update, so i went to settings and check for updates. i have tried all week to leave it loading but it just...
  8. Check for Updates is not working. 1803.

Check for Updates is not working. 1803.: I have had previous problems with updating to the Windows build 1903 with the error 0xc1900101. I have recently updated to the latest 1803 update OS Build: 17134.1345 KB4537795, I thought this might resolve this issue as I saw it in my Updates and Security in Windows...
  9. Windows Update Not Working, Stuck at Checking for updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update Not Working, Stuck at Checking for updates: since yesterday I cannot update, maybe no have update too... but it said ''There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024a21e)''...
  10. Can't open "Windows Update Settings" or "Check for Updates"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't open "Windows Update Settings" or "Check for Updates": Hello guys, I don't know what I did, but nothing happens when I click on those two things in the search bar: View image: wtf I reinstalled Windows a few hours ago, and IIRC pressing those with the mouse lead somewhere. Now when I click on them, it does nothing. I...