Windows 10: Check for updates only during system idle?

Discus and support Check for updates only during system idle? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is there a way to program Windows to do this? The checking for updates (not to speak of actually downloading and installing them) can really slow down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shmu26, Jun 28, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

Check for updates only during system idle?

Is there a way to program Windows to do this?
    The checking for updates (not to speak of actually downloading and installing them) can really slow down work on the computer.

:)

shmu26, Jun 28, 2016

2. Window Store's Tile is not updating

The store tile is not updating during the day time.It is getting updated during midnight only . How to check manually for the app updates (Checking individual app for update is not a considerable solution)

selva_ganesh, Jun 28, 2016
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Check for updates only during system idle?

1. Check for updates only during system idle? - Similar Threads - Check updates during

2. How to check updating status during windows’ installation of system update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to check updating status during windows’ installation of system update: Hello, today I got a trouble with my Realtek Audio Driver so I tried to update it and after I got no effect I decided to update all drivers and windows too, Windows downloaded the system update, rebooted it and then I downloaded updates for everything else, after autoupdate...
  3. How to check updating status during windows’ installation of system update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check updating status during windows’ installation of system update: Hello, today I got a trouble with my Realtek Audio Driver so I tried to update it and after I got no effect I decided to update all drivers and windows too, Windows downloaded the system update, rebooted it and then I downloaded updates for everything else, after autoupdate...
  4. How to check updating status during windows’ installation of system update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD during idle - kernal security check failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during idle - kernal security check failure: I have tested memory and found 1 stick with 271 faults running memtest. Other have 0 faults. Windows memory test also picks up errors. Probably the cause of this BSOD but to be certain does this report point to memory too? Windows version 20H2 Thanks 171890
  6. System idle based only on keyboard or longer mouse moves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System idle based only on keyboard or longer mouse moves: Sometimes my mouse is constantly moving for couple of pixels back and forth. Probably because of mouse mat already been used a lot and having high DPI setting. Sometimes my system goes to idle, but it is rare, most of the time it just goes for some seconds or minutes and...
  7. Checking for Updates during Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Checking for Updates during Windows 10 upgrade: I am upgrading a Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. It downloaded and verified but has been "checking for updates" for over 3 hours. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-updates-during-windows-10-upgrade/584647b0-0d73-4b4c-ac13-ff4da9c25487
  8. Random Bluescreens during Idle

Random Bluescreens during Idle: I have been experiencing random bluescreens in more or less Idle use, so during watching Youtube, etc. It never happens during gaming. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8SfUDHPixOd8EpzMjlQg-ocok?e=sEJhaj You should be able to access the minidump files via this onedrive link and a...
  9. BSOD only in idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD only in idle: A few days ago I upgraded the CPU, RAM and motherboard, since the first day I have been facing this error: "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". During high or medium load it works for hours normally. But a few minutes in idle the error reappears. Windows was formatted and did not...
  10. BSOD during games and/or idle

BSOD during games and/or idle: Hello, I'm a long time lurker of this website and forum, and I am in need of some help. I recently built a new system in February and it has been a beast for gaming. However, recently I have had some BSODs that have caused a few problems. I immediately started updating...