Windows 10: "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

Discus and support "Check for Updates" option is greyed out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chandut, Sep 6, 2018.

1. chandut Win User

"Check for Updates" option is greyed out

Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out .

In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed.

Is there anyway to roll back the changes I've made and update windows?

I am attaching the images showing the specific group policy and registry settings that are affecting windows update. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out 0e7299b1-8eab-41eb-91a7-d72f197a6122?upload=true.png "Check for Updates" option is greyed out 174a9e3c-e043-491c-a1e5-273c3bec0447?upload=true.png

:)

chandut, Sep 6, 2018

2. Start Option Greyed out under Personalisation - Start.

Please note my reply to your questions in Bold:- Latest Build is Vers.1511-10586.318

Please note my reply in Bold :- Build is Vers. 1511-10586.318

Follow the steps to know the latest build installed.

• Press Windows key + R and type winver and hit Enter.

I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

1. Go to Start and then Settings.

2. Click on Update and Recovery.

3. Check for updates under Windows Updates.

4. Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved. The Windows 10 system is set to Automatic update and as such does have the latest.

Just to remind you that the "Settings" option is not greyed out in Administrator mode so I don't think the updates would affect this.

PaulNaylor, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Flowcoat Win User
    Windows 10 Windows Installer (msiserver) greyed out

I have tried to un-grey the properties in Windows Installer which is continually showing as 'running' but nothing is being installed. When I do try and update I get the 'another installation is happening' error message. It's set to manual. I've clicked
    on 'more actions' and it is still greyed out. Any other suggestions as at the moment I can't update anything.

Flowcoat, Sep 6, 2018
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out - Similar Threads - Check Updates option

2. "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator: The "Check apps and files" is greyed out & showing message that it is managed by administrator, though I am logged in as the administrator user. I want it disabled. Thanks....
  3. "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator: The "Check apps and files" is greyed out & showing message that it is managed by administrator, though I am logged in as the administrator user. I want it disabled. Thanks....
  4. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  5. speech option greyed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speech option greyed out.: Hi everyone, need some help in relation to this issue, been having this for more than 2 weeks and is still unresolved. On settings I'm getting this error....
  6. Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out: Hello, I am running a Windows 10 pc and I frequently play games however I have never had surround sound even though I know it is enabled on my headset. I recently figured out that the issue was with spatial sound itself not being on. My windows is activated and I have tried...
  7. index option greyed out

in Cortana
    index option greyed out: index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce
  8. Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Encrypt files options is checked but greyed out: I had used bitlocked encrytion on my old device for some files . When I copied those files on External hard disk I cannot open them. I was able to find the BitLocker key but I don't know how to proceed...
  9. Taskbar option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar option greyed out: I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges. My system: [img] English version: [img] Any idea why it is greyed out? My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in...
  10. A Windows Update Advanced Option is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A Windows Update Advanced Option is Greyed Out: The option "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows" is off and greyed out since I did the Anniversary update. Does anyone know how I can fix this? [img] 59049

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check for updates greyed out windows 10

2. windows update check for updates greyed out

3. windows update greyed out

4. windows 10 check for updates greyed out,
  5. why installed updates greyed in Windows 10,
  6. nu vot,
  7. windows check for updates geyed out,
  8. windows 10 updates check for updates greyed out,
  9. windows update check for updates button greyed out,
  10. check for updates retry greyed out,
  11. windows 10check for updates is greyed out,