Windows 10: Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure

Discus and support Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; From the start button, search for updates. Click on Check for updates, Advanced Windows update options, or Windows update settings generate this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by K4CY, Aug 6, 2015.

1. K4CY Win User

Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure

From the start button, search for updates. Click on Check for updates, Advanced Windows update options, or Windows update settings generate this message. Attempts to go back to earlier restore points fail. Any ideas? Thanks.

Noname.bmp

:)

K4CY, Aug 6, 2015

2. Create standard user fails

Forced to do a RESET THIS PC due to a catastrophic failure - installed all updates finally. Now adds user OK.

MikeMansfield, Aug 6, 2015
  3. PACALA_BA Win User
    Catastrophic phone updates overview !

Hi, 15228 , NEVER ENDING LOADING ON APPS !!!, CATASTROPHIC FAILURE !!!!

PACALA_BA, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure

1. Check for Updates returns a Catastrophic failure - Similar Threads - Check Updates returns

2. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.: Hello,I currently have an Accelsior 4M2 installed in Windows in RAID 0. The issue is that when I tried to create a folder, I received this error: Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Error. I can see the files on the disk, but I cannot open, move, or copy files to another drive....
  3. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.: Hello,I currently have an Accelsior 4M2 installed in Windows in RAID 0. The issue is that when I tried to create a folder, I received this error: Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Error. I can see the files on the disk, but I cannot open, move, or copy files to another drive....
  4. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft.Net Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFFE_UNEXPECTED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft.Net Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFFE_UNEXPECTED: I was just playing a video gameGuilty Gear Strive and this Error came out of no where.How do I fix this or should I even be worried in general?System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF E_UNEXPECTED at...
  6. Microsoft.Net Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFFE_UNEXPECTED

Microsoft.Net Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFFE_UNEXPECTED: I was just playing a video gameGuilty Gear Strive and this Error came out of no where.How do I fix this or should I even be worried in general?System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF E_UNEXPECTED at...
  7. error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure: upgraded to windows 11 couldn't write to non os drive removed bit locker now get error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure to all other drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8000ffff-catastrophic-failure/95425d4d-f281-4dad-b9ab-b24deeaa3746
  8. error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure: upgraded to windows 11 couldn't write to non os drive removed bit locker now get error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure to all other drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8000ffff-catastrophic-failure/95425d4d-f281-4dad-b9ab-b24deeaa3746
  9. Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF": Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF" Error MessageWhen I try to open a new folder I get this errorthen I tried to copy a file and got this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/catastrophic-failure-error-0x8000ffff/8e237cdb-1aad-4918-9795-cf1f72dd160b
  10. Catastrophic Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Catastrophic Failure: so ive been trying to let an app through my firewall and everytime i click to open it it says catastrophic failure.and ive been trying to find out why its doing that but i cant....