Windows 10: Check from which SSD iam booting

Discus and support Check from which SSD iam booting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just cloned my system over to a new faster SSD. I selected the new one as the boot device and I loaded into windows. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/B3Paiin, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Check from which SSD iam booting

Hey guys, I just cloned my system over to a new faster SSD. I selected the new one as the boot device and I loaded into windows. Is there a way to check in windows where iam booting from? so I can check if it worked before i format my old ssd Check from which SSD iam booting :D

thx in advance Check from which SSD iam booting :)

submitted by /u/B3Paiin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/B3Paiin, Jan 20, 2020

2. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC after cloning Windows to new SSD. I would like to know what happens when you try to boot the PC to desktop using SSD?

The reason you are not able to boot the PC is that the files required to boot Windows are still recognizing the HDD as the main drive. I would suggest you to try rebuilding the BCD files and see if you are able to boot the PC using
    SSD.

Kindly follow the steps below to rebuild the BCD.

1. Create a bootable media and boot the PC using the media.
    2. On the Install Windows screen, select Next >
      Repair your computer.
    3. On the System Recovery Options screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    4. Now type in the commands and hit enter: BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /scanos

BOOTREC /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    SSD boot issue

Does your motherboard have wireless? or an adapter? Did you check the boot order?

List your parts in detail

Jetster, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Check from which SSD iam booting

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Check from which SSD iam booting

1. Check from which SSD iam booting - Similar Threads - Check SSD iam

2. Pathway for booting from ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pathway for booting from ssd: So i need a very specific answer here. I'm trying to re-add an external hard drive in bios as my boot option, but I forgot what options I select to set that up. I open BIOS, file browser add boot option, select my hard drive, select EFI, and then it shows Microsoft, Boot, and...
  3. Cannot boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot from SSD: I have an Asus G751JY. I went to sleep one night, and the next day I woke up to BIOS and the boot drive m.2 ssd dissappeared. I've tried everything from command line to disabling secure boot and fast boot and enabling csm. Reseated the drive. nothing. As it appears, the drive...
  4. Hey Iam stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey Iam stuck in boot menu: Hey i don't know what just happened but my leptop is stuck on boot menu everytime iam going to open my leptop it will show me. The boot menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-iam-stuck-in-boot-menu/e58781fa-6aa1-408b-9c35-b65dbc297cc9
  5. Hey Iam stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey Iam stuck in boot menu: Hey i don't know what just happened but my leptop is stuck on boot menu everytime iam going to open my leptop it will show me. The boot menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-iam-stuck-in-boot-menu/e58781fa-6aa1-408b-9c35-b65dbc297cc9
  6. Hey Iam stuck in boot menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Booting from M2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting from M2 SSD: Hello,I had installed windows 10 on classic SSD and yesterday I bought new M2 SSD, plug in into my PC and install windows 11. I want to unplug the first SSD, but when I do it my PC not boot only Bios startup and I can't use this new M2 for boot. Can u please help with that if...
  8. How to Boot from an SSD?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Boot from an SSD?: Hi, I recently installed a SAMSUNG V-NAND SSD 860 EVO into my Alienware Aurora R6. I have properly cloned my entire hard drive onto my new SSD. I am running into trouble when wanting to boot from my SSD. At the moment, I have my HDD and my SDD cloned, and the BIOS menu is not...
  9. Booting From M2.SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Booting From M2.SSD: I'm totally confused on this, as I'm old school computers and not this new stuff that is out there. Here's what I know. HP told me that with my Z220 Workstation that if I upgrade the BIOS that I could boot from an M2 SSD. So tonight I looked at my BIOS and saw all my drives...
  10. Which SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which SSD: I'm thinking of putting in an SSD into an ASUS G750JW. I'm looking at the Samsung 850EVO MZ-75E250B/AM 250GB 2.5" SATA3 Internal SSD and a Kingston® 240GB V300 SSD Flash Drive. Obviously I'm looking for advice as to which of the two are the better. I realize there are a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to check if laptop is booting from ssd or hdd